Security Engineering (Intern)
Payment & Financial Services – Go-Pay /
About the role:
Strap on your helmet and climb on board if you’re ready to be our next Security Engineer Intern. You will be part of a journey making path-breaking outcomes that will influence not only your aspirations to lead a career within Information Security but also make an impact on the mission of Gojek. We value an open culture, like mindedness & appreciate people from varied security backgrounds and hence we are most willing to work with folks better than us.
What you will do:
- Participate in the development of a small to medium complexity security project, process, or initiative within their technical focus area (cloud security, identity access management, vulnerability management, penetration testing, automation, test/abuse case research etc)
- Assist the team to review their design/architecture, perform risk assessments, and provide suitable control recommendations as appropriate
- Assist the team to build, test, document, and roll out proactive security controls organization-wide
- Build reports/dashboards around to capture and present the progress on OKRs and KPIs to stakeholders
- Create and update knowledge base and documentation related to the product security processes and projects
- Identify additional areas of opportunity and means for knowledge sharing practices across teams
- Codify the learnings into reusable knowledge snippets/artifacts besides curating the same for continual consumption
What you will need:
- Good knowledge about Linux and basic knowledge of various tools that we use, like Burp Suite, OWASP Zap, nmap etc.
- Should have the attitude for solving problems from scratch
- Passion to work with a transparent and open minded team
- We prefer hackers who create their own tools rather than just using other's tools
About the team:
Our GoPay team consists of 40+ zealous folks from various disciplines spread out across Indonesia, Singapore and India. As Nasi Goreng is to the people of Indonesia, we are to Gojek: providing the nourishment to sustain our business from the inside out. We run and oversee one of Southeast Asia's largest e-money wallet platforms and Indonesia's leading digital payments provider. Starting as just an e-money wallet for Gojek, we have since helped simplify payments for over 750,000 merchant partners, over 1,000,000 driver partners, and millions of customers - from the bike drivers down the street to your favorite Gorengan and Martabak stalls.
But, the growth of Payments does not stop here. We are hungry for more. We intend to become the largest payment and financial services group in Southeast Asia. We are working on several projects now, including one about direct interaction with the merchants of a variety of businesses and their customers. While it’s our job to ensure these numbers grow, more importantly, to also ensure anyone utilizing our platform is given the most seamless payment experience possible. How does one achieve this, you may ask? By collaborating diligently with our users to understand the daily obstacles they face in the payment arena, then crafting our products and services to aid these issues.
Gojek is a Super App. It is one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. We are Indonesia’s first decacorn. We are also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business, and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion in annualized gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and is the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Gojek contributed IDR 249 T to the Indonesian economy (equivalent to 2% of Indonesia's GDP in 2020). As of Q1 2021, the Gojek App witnessed over 190mn downloads by customers. The platform has over 2mn Driver Partners & ~900000 Merchant Partners across SEA.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.
GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly - available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.
Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.