Account Executive - Midtrans
Payment & Financial Services – Merchant /
About the Role
Midtrans strives to develop more enhanced payment solutions for the eCommerce industry, the strength of our partnerships is becoming ever more crucial, as well. As a Partner Growth in Midtrans, we play an important role to assist new clients from local and international eCommerce business players to accept online payments. You will assist the Commercial Department in sales functions, including providing assistance to our potential clients during the registration process and offering our service, such payment channels and features to meet the client’s needs. If you have a degree in business or experience working in sales or project management and would like to work with a dynamic team who strives to provide the best payment solutions, we would love to hear from you and look forward to you joining the team!
What You Will Do
- Analyze the client's business to assist on the integration processes with Midtrans, follow through on client's progress, and suggest various payment products and features as appropriate
- Responsible for administrative duties, such as preparing sales reports, maintaining sales records, preparing price quotes and maintaining the entire agreements and forms
- Build strong relationship with new clients by understanding their needs and follow through client’s progress
- Manage sales pipeline and close the commercial deals to achieve targets
- Determine new clients’ technical or operations issues to provide troubleshooting and resolution of reported issues
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Economics or Communications or relatable academic area
- At least 2 years of experience in sales or account management is mandatory
- Target-oriented, growth mindset and consultative person
- Proficiency in both Bahasa and English is required
- Good written and verbal communication skills, especially for presentation
- Ability to negotiate, prioritize, persuade and manage time efficiently
- Ability to strategic thinking and work in a fast paced environment
About the Team
Our Payments team oversees GoPay (Southeast Asia’s fastest-growing consumer payments and financial services app), as well as Midtrans (one of Indonesia’s largest payment gateways), and Spots (Indonesia’s largest offline network for payments).
Our Merchant Payments team is part of the larger Payments platform, and consists of passionate engineers based in Jakarta, Singapore, and Gurgaon. We run Southeast Asia’s leading financial platform for online and onsite merchants. It's our job to oversee all things related to empowering business owners, and to create a seamless and efficient payment gateway solution. We also take the time to understand our merchant-partners daily concerns and experiences in order to cater our services to resolve any hurdles and expand their operations. The big question that we’re always trying to solve is: How can we better improve our digital experience for our merchants-partners.
We've helped simplify payments for over 300,000 merchant-partners in our respective regions - from retail stores in town to your favorite Gorengan and Martabak stalls. But, the growth of Payments does not stop here. We are hungry for more. We intend to become the largest payment and financial services group in Southeast Asia. We are working on several projects now, including one about enhancing direct interaction with our merchant-partners of a variety of businesses and their customers.
We’re a high-performing, tight-knit team who are committed to the growth of the company, as well as each other’s personal growth and well-being. Pre-COVID, factions of our team would enjoy catching up over a round of drinks after work. However, with WFH becoming more normalized, we've been sharing our favorite ways to prioritize a healthy work-life balance at home. Off-hours, you’d probably find us binging The Queen’s Gambit on Netflix, whipping up a loaf of sourdough bread, or trying our best to survive a HIIT workout on YouTube.
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2021, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.