Data Scientist - GoMerchant
Data – Data Science /
About the Role
As our Data Scientist for GoMerchant, you will be handed the reins in driving asymmetric values for Gojek. Along with utilizing various quantitative techniques (e.g. machine learning, optimization), you will work closely with the product managers, engineers, and business users to deliver scalable data science solutions to increase the overall growth and efficiency of our Merchant-partner's Food-Payment-Ads business. The cherry on top: you’ll get to influence the variety of foods our hungry customer get to choose from on GoFood🤤
What Will You Do
- Design and develop various machine learning solutions to improve merchants/users experience, to enhance the efficiency of business processes, and to boost the overall Gojek merchants’ growth
- Take ownership of the end-to-end data science solutions - from framing the business problem as data science problem to building and deploying the models into production
- Along with product managers and business users, own the business outcomes or metrics that the data science solution drives
- Be the thought partner for product team to add new features or operations flows that can boost the data science model performance in general (e.g. design the feedback-loop or human-in-the-loop process to continuously improve the model performance over time)
What You Will Need
- At least 3 years of experience as a Data Scientist and have at least a Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (i.e. Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Machine learning )
- Hands-on knowledge in common data science stacks (Python+DS libraries, SQL, H2O)
- Experience working in cloud-based solutions like GCP, AWS
- Experience with TensorFlow outside of an academic setting, or other machine learning libraries such as Scikit-Learn, XGBoost
- Experience to formulate data science solutions to business problems
- Ability to communicate with the business and understand business needs
- Good knowledge of good software design fundamentals and TDD (test-driven development)
- Experience in building end-to-end data science solutions for dynamic pricing to optimize revenue generation; recommendation engine is preferable
About the Team
Our GoMerchant Data team, a subsidiary of the Data team, consists of 30+ people based in Indonesia, Singapore, and India. Working alongside the business, product and engineering teams, we are in charge of the development of the GoMerchant platform. The gist of our role is to oversee the data products within GoMerchant. For instance, should you have a question about data accessibility issues regarding specific GoMerchant products, we are your people! Our team has been busy working on diving deep into data insights that will pilot our team's next steps and endeavors.
We are a tight-knit group made up of avid readers, amateur gamers, and coffee connoisseurs. We work hard and play hard, and believe it or not, we actually enjoy each other’s company!
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.