Data Warehouse Engineer - GoPay
Data – Business Intelligence /
About the Role
At Gojek, engineering is central to everything we do: bringing our ideas to life and into the lives of our users. As our Data Warehouse Upstream Developer, you’ll be an instrumental cog in GoPay’s Data & BI wheel at Gojek that impacts the company’s analytical data infrastructure. You’ll take the reins in designing, developing, setting up, and managing our data infrastructure - one that needs to operate reliably at scale using a high degree of automation.
You’ll also play an active role in ensuring the data governance policies and tools are implemented and adhered to. Product managers, engineers, BI/analytics, and data scientists will be your companions during this ride. Best yet, you’ll have ample opportunity to flex your data/software engineering and communication skills, helping the team build a large, scalable data engineering platform that'll be utilize company-wide.
What You Will Do
- Understand business concepts and goals, and use them effectively to scope data projects
- Design, maintain, and govern scalable and reliable services for data consumption from various sources
- Handle and include data extraction process into the data lake in the data warehouse
- Diagnose and solve data issues in our data pipelines; look for the root cause of problems and envision a long term solution for these issues
- Work closely with the data stakeholders (Data Warehouse Downstream, Analyst, Growth etc.) to come up with a working data solution and accommodate their data needs
- Consult with product team and data engineers to ensure the developed solutions match business needs
- Contribute to the product strategy and execute the prioritized roadmap for your team
What You Will Need
- At least 7 years of experience in data engineering, software engineering, or data warehouse development
- A passion for writing code to solve any data problems, preferably in Python; experience in Java and Go is a plus
- Meticulous ability to read others’ complex code and documentation
- Expert proficiency in SQL in any platforms
- Experience in cloud data warehouses (BigQuery, Redshift) is a plus
- Basic knowledge in real-time data processing; experience in Apache Kafka, Apache Flink is a plus
- Basic knowledge of containerization (Docker, Kubernetes) and CI/CD (Gitlab CI)
- Experience in wide-range of ETL systems (Apache Airflow, Pandas, RDBMS, Debezium, etc)
- Experience in cloud infrastructure (e.g. GCP, AWS)
About the Team
Our Data & BI team consists of Data Warehouse Developers (Upstream & Downstream), Data Governance Analysts, and Data Science Engineers spread out across Indonesia. Working alongside the analytics, product, and engineering teams, we are predominantly concerned with providing data tools to fulfill various business needs, including the standardized data warehouse pipeline and data democratization project. For instance, should you have a question about how the data you’ve collected can be best utilized in achieving your team’s goal, we are your people! Currently, our team has been busy working on implementing the group-wide data warehouse model, which will help Gojek in synchronizing the data-services standard across the company.
As these are strange and unprecedented times we’re living in, our team has been prioritizing a healthy work-life balance more than ever before. We are a tight-knit group made up of culinarians, Netflix enthusiasts, and avid bookworms. We work hard and play hard, and believe it or not, we actually enjoy each other’s company!
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2021, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.