Data Warehouse Developer - Monetisation & Promotion Platform
Data – Business Intelligence /
About the Role
They say no man is an island - a notion that holds particularly true for this role. As our Data Warehouse Developer, you’ll be an instrumental cog in the Monetisation & Promotion Platform wheel of Gojek that directly impacts the company’s single source for truth of data. Your main objective will be to build out our data warehouse. The Product Managers, BI Analytics and Product Engineers will be your companions during this ride. Best yet, you’ll have the opportunity to flex your SQL, data modeling and data warehouse concept skills, helping the team craft beautifully simple solutions for challenging user stories.
What You Will Do
- Handle end-to-end data pipelines from heterogeneous input and output for analytical purposes
- Be a data architect by implementing appropriate data modelling concepts depending on data type and use cases
- Manage a single version of truth and turn data into critical information that can be used to make sound business decisions
- Define clear and well-scoped required documents, including specs and workflows, that are easily understood by technical and non-technical audiences
- Work with Product Managers, Analysts and Product Engineers to ship data warehouse features and data product improvements
- Contribute to the product strategy and execute the prioritized roadmap for your team
What You Will Need
- At least 4 years experience in a data environment as Data Warehouse Developer
- Expert in SQL and data warehouse concepts
- Expert in at least one programming language (Python, Go or Java is a plus!)
- Proficient in batch, real-time data processing, data modelling concepts, and implementation
- Analytical and data-driven, you love digging into the data to understand what’s happening and define & measure success on every project
- A customer-centric attitude; always thinking of ways to serve them best
- Ability to work with agile product development teams, and to identify new ways to help your team be effective
- Experienced in rearchitecting or developing a data environment from scratch
About the Team
Our Monetisation & Promotion Platform (MPP) Data team consists of people from analytics, decision science, data science, and data warehouse backgrounds based in Indonesia, India and Singapore. Working alongside the business, product and engineering teams, we are predominantly concerned with building tools (i.e. ads and promotional tools) that help hundreds of thousands of merchants across SE Asia grow their business. For instance, should you have a question about how merchants can increase their brand awareness and revenue, we are your people! Currently, our team has been busy working on improving the ad recommender systems, which will help Gojek provide more relevant content to its consumers.
We are a tight-knit group made up of avid readers, amateur gamers, and coffee connoisseurs. We work hard and play hard, and believe it or not, we actually enjoy each other’s company!
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.