Product Manager, GoFood Growth
Product – Product Management /
About the Role
A quick-learner, self-driven, and motivated Product Manager would be the right fit for this role, one who obsesses over consumer problems to define the product vision and build products to scale. You, besides being a regular user of the product in Indonesia, look at every problem with the customer’s lens and come up with the most effective and elegant solutions. Working alongside Product Managers, BI Analysts, Product Engineers and Data Scientists, we are focused on building newer product flows and ML algorithms to help provide the most relevant promotions and offers to users.
What You Will Do
- As part of the product team, build the product vision and execute on the prioritized roadmap for your product area by working with engineers and designers to ship features and product improvements
- Collaborate with the Data Science team to help build machine learning models to improve promotion discovery and redemption
- Seek product ideas and feedback from stakeholders, gather requirements, write specs, help shape wireframes and workflows
- Define clear and well-scoped requirements documents that are easily understood by technical and non-technical audiences
- Participate in user research initiatives with the design and user research teams to understand customer problems and identify and iterate on solutions
- Use the product (both ours and the competitor’s) regularly, talk to customers often to be on top of how it's like using our app and the solutions we are building
- Learn everything you can about our ecosystem through data and use it to drive your product decisions
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders across business, and marketing teams to formulate problem statements, develop launch strategy, and create product messaging and training
What You Will Need
- 5 years of experience working as a product manager on consumer product teams, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale products
- Analytical and data-informed, you love digging into the data to understand nuances, and define & measure success on every project. SQL skills are essential to succeed in this role
- Experience working with Data Science or BI teams. You built and shipped features that rely on machine learning / models
- Prior experience working on Growth based roles in Marketplaces or Food delivery companies is a great plus
- You know how to work with agile product development teams and are excited about identifying new ways to help your team be effective. Experience of working with distributed teams is desired
- You’re a fast learner and are comfortable teaching yourself new skills to adapt and thrive in a complex and fast-paced environment—not afraid of getting your hands dirty when you need to, with a strong passion for your customers, you are incessantly on the quest to find out what would serve them best
- You’re fluent in English and Indonesian and are a confident communicator
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
About the Team
The GoFood Growth team is focused on building newer product flows and ML algorithms to help provide the most relevant promotions and offers to users; growth tools and avenues for internal business stakeholders and merchants—while optimizing multiple objectives such as unit economics, CSAT/ NPS, return on promo spend for merchants, demand shaping and overall conversion on the booking flow. This team also works closely with content & quality, ordering & reliability, search & recommendation, and merchant platform teams to create the most effective and delightful experiences around promotions and promotion-tools.
Our GoFood Growth team consists of 18 people based out of Jakarta, Bengaluru and Singapore (and given COVID times, we have folks working remotely from the mountains in Nepal 🏔). Our team is the literal embodiment of Foodies (I guess it works when you work for one of the largest food delivery apps this side of the world!) — we love our Pizzas with passion, ranging from spicy meat explosions, to gourmet style wood-fired pizza, as well as dessert pizzas (Yes, you read that right) and most of all the extremely coveted pineapple on pizza! We also love bonding over games (Mafia, Codenames and Among Us are team favourites). Join us and show us your hidden skills.
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.