Internal Control & Compliance Manager
Risk & Compliance – Risk & Compliance /
About the Role
As Internal Controls & Compliance Manager, you are responsible for the operationalisation of corporate compliance programs for Gojek. You will focus on performing regular compliance risk assessment, implementing group compliance policies and standards, ensuring the establishment of relevant standard operating procedures, and building the ethics & compliance culture through effective communication program/strategy and compliance testing/monitoring activities.
Essentially, you will be part of the team that protects the company, manage risk related to the Gojek ecosystem by ensuring rigorous processes and policy are in place to meet regulatory and shareholders expectations, align the business activities with the company code of conduct, group policies and international standards of good practices.
What You Will Do
- Carry out corporate compliance programs, to ensure compliance with the respective local laws, regulations, company code of conduct, and company policies/standards, including but not limited to Anti Bribery & Corruption, Anti Money Laundering, Conflict of Interest, 3rd party management, etc.
- Ensure the establishment and/or evaluation compliance policies and their relevant procedures
- Execute regular communication programs to promote ethics and compliance culture throughout the company employee and relevant related 3rd parties
- Continuously promote and maintain the compliance reporting (whistleblowing) channel and program to ensure employees and 3rd parties (public) confidently submit their concerns in regards to any misconduct activities
- Manage misconduct cases, including the remediation/corrective action, and to the extent of necessary conduct the process & control improvement program
- Perform regular oversight (testing & monitoring) activities to identify/detect any red flags (violations to the company code of conduct and compliance policies)
- Work closely with multiple stakeholders to identify enhancements in compliance processes and play a driving role to implement system/process improvement/changes
What You Will Need
- At least 5 years of experience in legal & compliance and/or internal controls in a similar industry
- Strong analytical skill with end mind of regulatory, risks and controls perspectives
- Possess a deep understanding of corporate compliance and good corporate governance practices, and possess relevant knowledge in establishing and implementing policies and procedures
- Have deep knowledge or experience in ethics & financial crime aspects, e.g. Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption, Anti-Money Laundering, and 3rd party management
- Able to empathize and collaborate with various stakeholders from other functional teams
- Proven structured thought process and strong analytical ability in executing role in Internal Control & Compliance areas
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively network within the industry and the businesses
About the Team
Our objective as Gojek’s Risk & Compliance Team is to ensure a safe and trusted platform that our users can trust, rely on, and love to come back to. The mission of the Internal Controls & Compliance department is to ensure the company is doing the right thing in the first place to avoid later misconduct. Our team consists of 150 multinational and multi-background individuals, working together to anticipate and predict potential threats to our platform, design and build tools to fight against and mitigate these threats, and implement and enforce these systems at scale. We partner closely with several cross-functional teams to ensure safe and secure transactions for our users, our Gojek businesses, and our extended ecosystem.
In the past, our team has worked on projects making sure we are creating trust and a safe platform for all our users to maintain Gojek's overall integrity, as well as improving resilience across the countries and regions we are operating on, in case of incidents. This is an exciting time to join our family as we’re focused on scaling this team to support Gojek’s current markets, businesses, and future product launches, propelling our services to all corners of the globe.
As a team, we're concerned not only with the growth of the company, but each other's personal growth and well-being, too. We're made up of musical geniuses (with some aspiring karaoke superstars), active rats (running, cycling, soccer, or just those that enjoy a breezy walk in the afternoon), and overall life enthusiasts (we like bonding over the latest books, movies or memes!). When we aren't busy with work, we enjoy sharing the best places to eat and to visit in our respective cities, so that we can get together and visit each other once COVID subsides.
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2021, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.