Product Designer - GoPay
Design – Design /
About the Role
They say no one does it alone, and this holds particularly true for this role. As a Product Designer, you’ll be part of the team that manages GoPay - Southeast Asia's largest payment application. With extensive knowledge of technical design elements and an interest in understanding user preferences, you will tackle any issues with a powerful combination of well-defined flow, wireframes, information architecture, user journeys, and/or storyboards. Product managers and engineers will be your companions during this ride. Best yet, you’ll have the opportunity to flex your solid design skills, getting us even closer to our ultimate goal of designing groundbreaking, formidable, and highly effective products for Gojek.
What You Will Do
- Work closely and under the supervision of a senior product designer, and follow the predefined process set by the team
- Able to comprehend the product briefs and be able to present the ideas/solution to the team under the supervision of product design lead
- Effectively deliver features and improvements in a well-defined scope
- Define end-to-end wireframe and wireflow for features using standard wireframing tools.
- Document the design process for each feature, such as research findings, ideations, usability testings, release, and monitor the impact after the product release.
- Contribute to the team cadence discussion and make occasional short presentations to the team, as well as present team’s updates if needed
- Proactively seek/give feedback from other stakeholders to make sure concepts are meeting the intended project goal
What You Will Need
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in the product design industry
- Familiar with data and can identify problem areas, further map out the user journey, and break the problems into smaller chunks
- Use basic analytics tools to gather customer data (funnel)
- Possess a good knowledge of design fundamentals, such as design thinking framework and other frameworks in order to develop products.
- Able to sketch the ideas into wireframes, learn how to make wireflow, and do wireframing for well-defined features
- Have a good knowledge of the tools, such as Overflow, Miro, Sketch, Figma, or similar ones that are widely used by Product Designers
- Experience working on the mobile app and web design
About the Team
Our Gojek design squad currently consists of 100+ designers (around 7 teams) spread across Bengaluru and Jakarta. We create products and services with one goal in mind: to design products that our users love. The team believes that with creation, there's always iteration. We utilize smart, innovative, and impactful design to evolve and improve the quality and characteristics of our products and services, and even to solve various user issues. Our team's motto is "to design is to drive impact" - which powers everything we do as a team.
GoPay Payment Platform stream aims to create a seamless and secure KYC (Know Your Customer) experience for users so they can unlock meaningful functionalities such as PayLater, Jago-GoPay Bank account, higher wallet limit, and other benefits we have. But not only that, as part of the designer team, we will be responsible for producing the design of various operational portals within GoPay internal teams. All of those will require immense coordination, strategic planning, and problem-solving. Surely, this will be a valuable experience for you when you join our team.
While our team members are located all around the world, we are a tight-knitted group bonded by two things: good design and good bread. And we mean it to the literal level - our weekly conversations ranged from the latest design and technology breakthroughs to the best sourdough bread recipes out there (WFH has indeed made us into make-believe bread connoisseurs). But whether you like your bread with butter or olive oil, or just stay completely far away from it (do tell us how and why), we’d be stoked to have you join our fam!
Gojek is a Super App. It is one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. We are Indonesia’s first decacorn. We are also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business, and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion in annualized gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and is the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Gojek contributed IDR 249 T to the Indonesian economy (equivalent to 2% of Indonesia's GDP in 2020). As of Q1 2021, the Gojek App witnessed over 190mn downloads by customers. The platform has over 2mn Driver Partners & ~900000 Merchant Partners across SEA.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.
GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly - available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.
Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.