Interaction Designer - GoPay
Design – Design /
About the role
As an Interaction Designer, you will craft user-centric products and experiences, into - functional - intuitive and beautiful interfaces as well as micro-interactions. You will collaborate with Developers, Product Designers, UX writers, Researchers, & Creatives in an agile team environment. You will deliberate design decisions and translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
We are looking for Interaction Designers who have a deep understanding of how computers and humans interact, master the design fundamentals such as color, space, typography, hierarchy, and paddings and grids like the back of your hands. You have to be familiar with the platform that you are building (iOS, Android, Web, etc.) — sticklers for details, understanding design systems and how it works at scale, and expertise over their tools.
You will be a part of the key players who help us build the best and biggest payment platform in Indonesia.
What You Will Do
- Translate high-level requirements into interaction and artifacts, and transforming them into beautiful, functional, and intuitive hi-fidelity interfaces
- Work closely with product designers and other stakeholders under the designated stream/product to execute entire features or product wireframes
- Apply the data or research insight into the design decisions
- Effectively present ideas and design rationale based on the product requirements Contribute to improve, maintain and adapt the design system
- Work closely with front-end engineers and product designers to deliver design specifications
- Actively participating in the design QA sessions in providing actionable feedback on the implemented designs
- Deliver advanced prototypes based on the product requirement with good functionality for design review and usability testing purposes
What You Will Need
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in the product design/UIUX industry
- Strong understanding of visual hierarchy, visual user interface design, motion interaction, and prototyping
- Strong understanding of how computers and humans interact and master the design fundamentals such as color, space, typography, hierarchy, and paddings and grids
- Proficient in interaction design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Protopie, and/or other industry design and prototyping tools
- Strong understanding of the platform that you are building such as mobile app & websites
- Strong understanding of fundamentals of design systems and how it works at scale
- Excellent organizational skills, project management, collaborative teamwork with a wide range of stakeholders
- Good communication skills in English, both verbal and written
About the Team
Interaction Design, a sub-pod of the GoPay Design Team, stands as the crafter, guide, and gatekeeper for visual & interaction design quality. Interaction Design is right at the center of the crossroads between products, their users, the experience, and making it remarkable. We oversee usability, accessibility, consistency, and aesthetics to craft an experience that our users can call delightful. For instance, should you have a question about bringing joy, aesthetics, effective and efficient usability to the product in a coherent system? We are your people! We are what creates the difference between the machine in the background and the person in the front.
We are a tight-knitted group bonded by two things: good design and good bread. And we mean it to the literal level - our weekly conversations ranged from the latest design and technology breakthroughs to the best sourdough bread recipes out there (WFH has indeed made us into make-believe bread connoisseurs). But whether you like your bread with butter or olive oil, or just stay completely far away from it (do tell us how and why), we’d be stoked to have you join our fam!
Gojek is a Super App. It is one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. We are Indonesia’s first decacorn. We are also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business, and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion in annualized gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and is the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Gojek contributed IDR 249 T to the Indonesian economy (equivalent to 2% of Indonesia's GDP in 2020). As of Q1 2021, the Gojek App witnessed over 190mn downloads by customers. The platform has over 2mn Driver Partners & ~900000 Merchant Partners across SEA.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.
GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly - available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.
Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.