Senior Data Engineer (Enterprise BI)
Engineering – Infrastructure /
About the Role
As our Senior Data Engineer, you’ll be an instrumental cog in the Enterprise BI wheel of Gojek that directly supports the Finance, Accounting, and Tax (FAT) team in automating various processes and providing data required for finance reporting. You’ll focus a bulk of your time on developing and maintaining data automation for financial processes. The Data Warehouse, respective back-end and product, and ITBP finance support teams will be your companions on this ride. You’ll have ample opportunity to flex your SQL and Python programming skills, streamlining and automating various financial operations for the wider team to utilize.
What You Will Do
- Gather requirements from users, analyze these findings, and provide recommendations for more enhanced solutions and data requirements
- Identify, analyze, and interpret patterns in complex data sets to investigate issues, find root causes, and propose solutions
- Develop automation to export/send data to users on a regular basis
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics, dashboards, and other technical strategies to optimize reporting efficiency and quality
- Work closely with the FAT team by providing data they need
What You Will Need
- At least 6 years of work experience as a Data Engineering, BI Analyst, and/or Data Analyst
- Strong knowledge of DBMS (e.g. Postgre, MySQL, SQL Server, etc), programming (e.g. Python, Java, C#, Ruby, etc), and ETL frameworks (e.g. Airflow, Pentaho, Talend, etc)
- A Bachelor’s degree with a major in Computer Science, Informatics, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and present information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Good communication skills in Bahasa and English, written and spoken, in order to collaborate with our local and international teams
- Inquisitive, self-motivated, resourceful, dedicated, and capable to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to work at a quick pace and willingness to work extra hours if required (things come unexpectedly, so we’re always prepared!)
- Exposure working in finance and accounting processes is a plus
About the Team
The office of the CIO leads the company's information technology strategy and implementation. All internal and enterprise systems are maintained and implemented by the CIO’s team; they look after a variety of systems, including (but, not limited to): finance, people services, productivity, operations, internal security login, authentication, account authorization, account audits, and email. This office also leads all IT asset procurement, budgeting, and implementing equipment policies.
Under the office of the CIO, the IT Enterprise Systems team governs, manages, and aids Gojek Enterprise applications and information globally. The Enterprise BI team, part of the IT Enterprise Systems Team (which this role will be situated within), is a new team being built. Based in Jakarta, Indonesia, this team will be the single source of truth for the Gojek Enterprise, catering to all corporate functions of Gojek and its operating units. This team will work alongside the IT Infrastructure and IT Information team. This is an exciting time to join our squad as we’re prepared to expand rapidly in 2021 by tapping into newly-emerged offerings within the Gojek group ecosystem and beyond.
Our roles range from carrying out project implementations to supporting users globally. We’re part of the team that oversees all internal enterprise systems that are maintained and implemented by the CIO’s team, and work together to govern, troubleshoot, and improve them. It’s our job to ensure that Gojek Enterprise applications run seamlessly. We're a highly dynamic team, so our emphasis on learning and working on new things (i.e. going the extra mile) is our key to success.
We are a tight-knit group that is bonded by two things: supporting Gojek's capability as a global company, and supporting each other as a family . For real - our weekly conversations range from the latest automation breakthroughs to sharing our favorite ways to stay healthy and happy as we get through this pandemic together. We don't mind working extra hours if need be (sometimes, things come unexpectedly) because we're encouraged by seeing our efforts come to fruition and benefit our users around the globe.
Gojek is a Super App. It is one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. We are Indonesia’s first decacorn. We are also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business, and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion in annualized gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and is the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Gojek contributed IDR 249 T to the Indonesian economy (equivalent to 2% of Indonesia's GDP in 2020). As of Q1 2021, the Gojek App witnessed over 190mn downloads by customers. The platform has over 2mn Driver Partners & ~900000 Merchant Partners across SEA.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.
GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly - available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.
Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.