Senior Data Scientist
Data – Data Science /
About the Role
As a machine learning Data Scientist for Fraud, you will focus on the development of fraud detection algorithms to minimize the company’s exposure to financial and reputational abuse and improve the user experience. This will entail proactively identifying various data sources and developing robust techniques to detect anomalous patterns in them. You will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment in a highly cross-functional team with business and product stakeholders and leverage our robust data and the Big Data infrastructure.
What You Will Do
- You will partner with Engineering, Product and Operations teams to conceive, design & monitor fraud detection strategies
- You will also develop innovative techniques and statistical models to operationalise these strategies. You will use these techniques to analyse large datasets involving user and transaction data to surface patterns and insights
- You will rapidly prototype solutions and drive/be involved in product and feature discussions
- You'll be actively involved in taking models to production for (streaming services) and batch applicationsIdentify key business metrics and recommend product features if needed
What You Will Need
- Should have 5 years of relevant experience with a proven track record of developing statistical/ML solutions
- Must have solid understanding of Statistics/ML fundamentals and demonstrated experience in Python, R, Golang/Java, Unix
- Ability to break down and frame business problems into data science solutions and hands-on capability to create MVP out of it and run a DS project end to end independently
- Communication skills to engage with Business stakeholders to understand their needs and effectively communicate the results of the analytical solutionsTeam player
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation
About the Team
Gojek Data Science team works on some of the most interesting problems in transport, logistics, and economics. We leverage Statistics/machine learning to build data products for ride-hailing, logistics, food delivery, and payments. From selecting the right driver to dispatch, to dynamically setting prices, to serving food recommendations, to forecasting real-world events, hundreds of millions of orders per month, across more than 20 products, are all driven by machine learning. The Fraud Data Science team at Gojek is entrusted with creating trust and safety on its vast platform of drivers, merchants, and consumers.
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.