Intern, Machine Learning Engineer
Data – Data Science Platform /
About the Role
Don your helmet and climb aboard if you’re ready to be our Machine Learning Intern. In this role, you will get to design and build Gojek's machine learning infrastructure and platform. Your efforts will be critical in ensuring rapid and reliable Machine Learning products and functionality for our consumer app and behind-the-scenes efficiency. In our humble opinion, the coolest part of this role is that your work will directly influence the production quality systems at all stages of the Machine Learning lifecycle for Gojek.
What You Will Do
- Collect requirements from data scientists and software engineers
- Collaborate with software and infrastructure engineers on the team to develop, test, and debug complex systems
- Design and implement components of our ML Platform
- Build tools and automation for our internal team
- Document the design and operation of our systems; share and present these to other teams
What You Will Need
- Sound knowledge of computer science, data science and machine learning fundamentals
- Good programming skills in multiple languages (Python and Golang preferred)
- Familiarity with the Linux command line
- Understanding of computer networking fundamentals, SQL databases
- Experience with deep learning and ML frameworks and libraries such as Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch, xgboost, ML Flow
- Working knowledge of Cloud environments (Google Cloud Platform preferred)
- Capable of working independently and as part of an international distributed team
About the Team
Our Data Science Platform team, a subsidiary of the Marketplace Data team, consists of 15 Machine Learning and Infrastructure engineers based in Singapore. Working alongside the Data Science teams, our team is unique in its charter as an enabler of Data Science and Machine Learning systems at production scale in a hyper-growth unicorn. You may know us as the creators of open-source MLops technologies such as as Feast, Merlin, and Turing, and internal tools such as Clockwork. Our products are used in mission-critical parts of Gojek’s product offerings, such as dynamic pricing, driver allocation, food recommendations, and fraud prevention.
We are a tight-knit group made up of exercise-buffs, amateur gamers and (wannabe) whiskey connoisseurs. We work hard and play hard, and believe it or not, we actually enjoy each other’s company!
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.