Product Designer - Financial Services
Design – Design /
About the Role
At GoTo Financial, we’re building financial services with strong customer centricity and simplifying an unexplored ecosystem of finance. There are several unanswered questions and we, together, are finding the answers to each of them. We’re not always right, but, hey - we see failure as a growth opportunity to learn.
As a product designer, you’ll scale the designs for business lending products built for merchants. We’re scaling business loans with high momentum. And, scaling the product upwards as a team. You will be actively working with the research, product, and engineering teams. The process is all yours to ensure merchants have a great experience. You’ll have enough flexibility to define what problems to solve & how should we solve them.
What You Will Do
- Work closely and under the direction of the product design lead, and follow the (continuously evolving) centralized design process built by the team
- Able to comprehend the product briefs and be able to present the approaches/solution to the team
- Translate approaches/solution into interaction and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, functional, and intuitive hi-fidelity interfaces
- Effectively deliver features and improvements in a well-defined scope. Actively participating in the design QA sessions in providing actionable feedback implemented designs
- Define end-to-end wireframe and wireflow for features using standard wireframing tools
- Document the design process for each feature, such as research findings, ideations, usability testings, release, and monitor the impact after the product release
- Contribute to the team cadence discussion and make occasional short presentations to the team, as well as present team’s updates if needed
- Proactively seek/give feedback from other stakeholders to make sure concepts are meeting the intended project goal
What You Will Need
- At least 2 years of product design experience
- Strong understanding of visual hierarchy, visual user interface design, motion interaction, and prototyping
- Familiar with data and can identify problem areas, further map out the user journey, and break the problems into smaller chunks
- Possess a good knowledge of design fundamentals, such as design thinking framework and other frameworks in order to develop products.
- Able to sketch the ideas into wireframes, learn how to make wireflow, and do wireframing for well-defined features
- Good knowledge of the product & interaction tools, such as Overflow, Miro, Protopie, and Figma
- Knowledge of design validation, either through quantitative or qualitative research
Our Gojek design squad currently consists of 100+ designers (around 7 teams) spread across Bengaluru and Jakarta. We create products and services with one goal in mind: to design products that our users love. The team believes that with creation, there's always iteration. We utilize smart, innovative, and impactful design to evolve and improve the quality and characteristics of our products and services, and even to solve various user issues. Our team's motto is "to design is to drive impact" - which powers everything we do as a team.
Financial services team is built around strong principles - responsible and transparent. We’re making the lending experience easier, simpler, and radically transparent. Breaking lending fundamentals in order to provide great user experience for all users - consumers and merchants. All of this - is done while working closely and collaboratively. Folks we frequently collaborate with are from research, product, writers, and engineers.
We’re a tight-knit team that’s spread across regions and really bond over - (good) coffee. Our chats varies from the new app we tried, finding new inspiration, and learning from each other. Expect learnings to range from design, philosophy to (as expected) coffee. We’d be stoked to have you join the fam!
Gojek is a Super App. It is one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. We are Indonesia’s first decacorn. We are also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business, and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion in annualized gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and is the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Gojek contributed IDR 249 T to the Indonesian economy (equivalent to 2% of Indonesia's GDP in 2020). As of Q1 2021, the Gojek App witnessed over 190mn downloads by customers. The platform has over 2mn Driver Partners & ~900000 Merchant Partners across SEA.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.
GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly - available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.
Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.