Product Designer - Care & Comms
Design – Design /
About the Role
As our Product Designer for the Gojek Care & Comms Design team, you'll have an opportunity to work at a platform level on end to end experience initiatives to uplift the experience of customers, drivers and merchants on daily basis. You'll be responsible for overall experience for chat services, Gojek chatbots, broadcast channels, governance guidelines, support & help experiences as well as rating experience for drivers & merchants. With the talented troops in the Product, Engineering, Research, Data and Customer care teams, you'll help alleviate the end to end experiences across the Gojek ecosystem.
What You Will Do
- Focus on user experience in particular 1-2 stream(s) and managing expectations with Product and engineering teams
- Influence product and engineering to take up design backlog that ease user pain point or increase delightful experience like improving micro interaction
- Work more on diverse problem where analysis and data-driven approach is needed and become key contributor with product manager to stream-level strategy & OKRs
- Effectively deliver new feature/feature improvements for products that are already well-defined in scope
- Define the product briefs and be able to present the ideas/solution to the team
- Document the design process for each feature, such as research findings, ideations, usability testings, release, and monitor the impact after the product release
- Contribute in the team cadence discussion and make short presentation to the team, as well as present team’s updates if needed
- Mentor junior designers in the team and participate actively in the hiring process
What You Will Need
- At least 3 years of experience in the product design field
- Experience shipping live products while working with engineering, product & research teams
- Good data analytics capabilities with ability to identify problem areas, map out the user journey and break these problems into smaller chunks
- Good experience using analytics tools to gather customer data (funnel)
- Good knowledge of design fundamentals such as design thinking framework and other framework in order to develop products
- Ability to sketch ideas into wireframes as well as to learn how to make wireflow and do wireframing for well defined features
- Good knowledge of popular design tools that are used across the design team
- Knowledge in design validation, either through quantitative or qualitative research
- Excellent organizational skills, project management, collaborative teamwork with wide range of stakeholders
About the Team
The Gojek Design Team is made up of around a hundred designers spread across two countries and seven teams. Our members come from a wide range of backgrounds, and are experts in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Product Design, UX Writing, Illustration, Service Design, UX Research, and Motion Design. Together we envision, create, and support products and services that meaningfully improve the lives of our customers.
We’ve come a long way since 2015, when we were a small central team of 15 designers working to build and support products that were scaling at an unprecedented rate. Since then, we’ve grown with the rest of the organization in bringing to life over 24 different products. Various obstacles presented themselves, from the actual design process, ensuring we weren’t a bottleneck, to fostering a design-based philosophy throughout the company. Since then, we’ve been educating everyone around us on the importance of design, and why it makes sense to start with the users and work backwards. We’ve continuously evolved our design processes, improved the quality of our outcomes, expanded our reach within the organization, and relentlessly advocated for our customers.
As a team, we’re concerned not only with the growth of the company, but each other’s personal growth and well-being, too; in our free time, we love to binge reality TV shows (looking at you, Bling Empire), listen to upbeat music and dance it out, and take naps (because who doesn't love a good nap?).
Gojek is a Super App. It is one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. We are Indonesia’s first decacorn. We are also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business, and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion in annualized gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and is the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Gojek contributed IDR 249 T to the Indonesian economy (equivalent to 2% of Indonesia's GDP in 2020). As of Q1 2021, the Gojek App witnessed over 190mn downloads by customers. The platform has over 2mn Driver Partners & ~900000 Merchant Partners across SEA.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.
GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly - available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.
Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.