iOS Engineer - GoPay Vietnam
Ho Chi Minh City /
VN - Engineering – Engineering /
About the Role
GoPay Vietnam is looking for passionate Front End Engineer (iOS) with a drive of building scalable applications and teams to join the Ho Chi Minh office.
As a GoPay - iOS Engineer, you are expected to build, release and maintain a large scale iOS application. You will also be responsible for working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, trends, and emerging technologies. In this role you will work closely with the product management team and cross-functional teams (Product Engineer, DevOps, Data, UX, QA, etc) to define, plan and execute the feature roadmap and to build robust, well-designed API contracts.
What You Will Do
- Design, build and improve the iOS mobile experiences
- Enabling and building personal, interconnected, Geo-location-leveraging mobile products and experiences compatible with low bandwidth and often unreliable internet connections
- Improves code structure and architecture in service of testability and maintainability
- Build reusable iOS software components for interfacing with multiple application
- Responsible for formulating and creating clear and efficient technical documentation
- Implements code that is clear, concise, performant, tested, and easily understood by others
- Automates repeated manual tasks to improve self/stream’s productivity
- Actively supports their team in the tracking and reporting of execution metrics both through automation as well as disciplined adherence to processes and best practices
What You Will Need
- At least 3 years of experience in iOS development and working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures and implementation (MVC, VIPER, MVVM), trends, and emerging technologies
- Proficiency in Swift 4+, Xcode 10+, building Frameworks and SDKs
- Able to write product specifications and actively participate in the planning phase, and write model code for functional and nonfunctional requirements including help improve the code quality standard across the team
- Working experience with popular third-party libraries for networking, async, image loading etc
- Familiarity with Instruments, LLDB, and other debugging tools
- Proficient in Unit Testing and working experience in Test Driven Development in a plus
- Experience with CI/CD optimisation
About the Team
GoPay is Southeast Asia’s fastest-growing consumer payments and financial services startup. We currently have a team of 100+ engineers across 4 different locations - Bangalore, Bangkok, Jakarta and Singapore - and will be looking to scale up as we build our Vietnam office. We are currently servicing more than 8 million unique users every day on a variety of payment avenues, providing the most convenient payment method in Vietnam/APAC.
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.