Data Scientist - Marketplace
Data – Data Science /
About the Role
One of the many charms of working with a #SuperApp is the window it gives you into an assortment of products. As a company with over 20 services under one roof, Gojek is the ultimate playground for Data Scientists. This role is for those who enjoy mining insights from the sea of data, building ML/DS solutions that create asymmetric value to the business. You'll get to work with a troop of insanely talented business leads and Data scientists, and your work will impact how Gojek’s growth and demand generation budget is deployed and spent effectively.
What You Will Do
- Work with business stakeholders to understand business needs and formulate the problems into solutions that deliver well-defined measurable results
- Develop and implement short and long term multi-channel demand generation and growth campaigns using advanced statistical and machine learning techniques
- Develop A/B testing strategies for demand generation campaigns
- Measure and analyze campaign success
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to design and build robust platforms that enable seamless campaign execution with DS/ML models
What You Will Need
- At least 5 years of practical experience in Python/R, shell scripting, SQL (these will be tested)
- Impact-driven and focused on driving key business metrics
- Prior experience with applied statistics, experimental design, machine learning and Git version control is a must
- Experience with experimenting on different modeling techniques (supervised and unsupervised learning) and develop data visualization for data stories
- Bonus points for prior experience with customer lifetime models, marketplace supply/demand or causal inference methods for campaign effectiveness
- Able to recognize business needs and communicate with multiple stakeholders, including PMs, business and operations
- Able to work independently and collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team environment
About the Team
Our Data Science team consists of over 20 Data Scientists. As Nasi Goreng is to the people of Indonesia, the Data Science team is to Gojek: providing the nourishment and power to sustain our business from the inside out. Our main responsibility is to build data products for ride-hailing, logistics, food delivery, and payments. How does one achieve this, you may ask? By leveraging on Machine Learning. From selecting the right driver to dispatch, to dynamically setting prices, to forecasting real-world events, to processing the hundreds of millions of orders per month across more than 20 products - all this is driven by Machine Learning. We are working on several projects now, including one about how we can strategically position our driver-partners to improve our customer experience.
As a team, we’re concerned not only with the growth of the company, but each other’s personal and professional growths, too. With WFH becoming more commonplace, our team works to prioritize different ways of maintaining a healthy work-life balance more than ever before. Badminton and table tennis are current favorites, as is going on long hikes on the weekend. That said, we do fancy ourselves a good Netflix binge every now and then!
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.