Data Warehouse Developer
Data – Business Intelligence /
About the Role
They say no man is an island, and this notion holds particularly true for this role. As our Data Warehouse Developer, you’ll be an instrumental cog in the Data Warehouse wheel of Gojek that directly impacts the company’s single source of truth of data. Your main objective will be to build out our data warehouse. Product Managers, BI Analytics and Product Engineers will be your companions during this ride. Best yet, you’ll have the opportunity to flex your SQL, data modeling and data warehouse concept skills, helping the team craft beautifully simple solutions for challenging user stories.
What You Will Do
- Handle end-to-end data pipelines from heterogeneous input and output to help analytical purposes
- Be a data architect by implementing Data Modelling concept based on data type and use case
- Be responsible for managing Single Version of Truth and turning data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions
- Define clear and well-scoped requirements documents, including specs and workflows, that is easily understood by technical and non-technical audiences
- Work with Product Managers, BI Analytics and Product Engineers to ship data warehouse feature and data product improvements
- Contribute to the product strategy and execute on the prioritized roadmap for your team
What You Will Need
- At least 4 years of experience in Data Environment as Data Warehouse Developer
- Expert in SQL and Data Warehouse Concept
- Advanced in at least one programming language, especially Python or Go or Java
- Proficient in Batch, real-time data processing, Data Modelling concept, and implementation
- Analytical and data-driven, you love digging into the data to understand what’s happening and define & measure success on every project
- Passionate about your customers and always bring questions back to what will serve them best
About the Team
Our Data Warehouse consists of 11 people based in Jakarta. Working alongside the Product Managers, BI Analytics and Product Engineers, we are predominantly concerned with utilizing and translating data into critical information that can be used to make sound business decisions. This includes gathering any new data points, and working closely with various business teams to capture, connect, and convert any data changes into useful knowledge in guiding our next steps to create a meaningful business impact.
Our team works hard but plays hard, too. We mean the latter in a literal sense, because we're a team full of musicians! We have 2 pianists, 1 guitarist, 1 drummer, more than 2 male singers, 1 female singer, 1 Rockstar, and 1 dangdut singer (yes, you read it right ). So, you best believe that we have several karaoke nights together! Even if you aren't musically inclined, no fear. We love bonding over card games (Werewolf is a team favorite), and even hosting mini talent shows for our own entertainment. Join us and show your hidden skills!
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.