Product Designer - GoFood
Design – Design /
About the Role
Gojek Design is looking for a Product Designer to join us on an adventure of designing the future of food delivery in Southeast Asia as part of our GoFood team.
Are you someone who's looking to solve problems that matter? Are you someone who thrives on the balance of business goals and users' needs? Are you looking to work with people who see failures as growth opportunities? We have good news for you.
We're offering a playground to experiment and ship exceptional solutions to a diverse set of problems. You'll be working with PMs, Engineer Research and Design leaders to define the roadmap, goals, and vision of how to build a predictable, hassle-free & delightful ordering experience . Your designs will impact tens of millions of Gojek users who use our products daily and millions of drivers whose livelihood depends on them.
What You Will Do
- Work with UX researchers to identify users’ needs and understand how users consume and navigate their way through the app
- Help define the roadmap, goals, and vision for the product
- Plan and design wireframe/flow for the project/feature you are working on
- Come up with ways to validate the design, and collaborate with the Research and Insight team to execute it
- Collaborate and coordinate with Interaction designers, copywriters, creative, business, work with design leads, product heads, and engineers to build/improve user experience towards that vision
- Manage projects, solve complex problems, and deliver delightful solutions that drive impact
- Create stellar design documentation & help establish processes to ensure seamless collaboration
- Mentor team of junior designers
- And most importantly, play games & talk about anything and everything with the team during chill-out sessions
What You Will Need
- 4+ years of experience in the Product design field, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale products
- Proficiency in product design with extensive and demonstrated expertise in visual hierarchy, layout, and information architecture
- Ability to draw insights from both qualitative & quantitative data, and further identify problem areas to work on
- Ability to learn quickly, teach yourself new skills, and thrive within a complex, fast-paced environment
- Deep empathy and interest in keeping your customers point of view in the forefront, constantly bringing questions back to what will serve them best
- Good knowledge in design fundamentals, such as design thinking frameworks, and able to take on a structured approach in solving problems
- Excellent organizational, project management, and collaboration skills to manage a wide range of stakeholders
About the Team
The Gojek Design Team is made up of around a hundred designers spread across two countries and seven teams. Our members come from a wide range of backgrounds, and are experts in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Product Design, UX Writing, Illustration, Service Design, UX Research, and Motion Design. Together we envision, create, and support products and services that meaningfully improve the lives of our customers.
We’ve come a long way since 2015, when we were a small central team of 15 designers working to build and support products that were scaling at an unprecedented rate. Since then, we’ve grown with the rest of the organization in bringing to life over 24 different products. Various obstacles presented themselves, from the actual design process, ensuring we weren’t a bottleneck, to fostering a design-based philosophy throughout the company. Since then, we’ve been educating everyone around us on the importance of design, and why it makes sense to start with the users and work backwards. We’ve continuously evolved our design processes, improved the quality of our outcomes, expanded our reach within the organization, and relentlessly advocated for our customers.
As a team, we’re concerned not only with the growth of the company, but each other’s personal growth and well-being, too; we enjoy bonding over our shared love of good food, easy home recipes, and the best places to eat in our cities. When we aren't working, you'd probably find us catching up with each other over Zoom, binging the latest Netflix dramas, or cooking up a storm with fresh ingredients we ordered through Groceries ;)
GoFood enables online food ordering through the Gojek app for customers across Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam and Thailand. Consisting of 100+ passionate designers, engineers, pms and other disciplines, the GoFood team caters to its customers with the absolute best food choices at affordable rates. We value, love and cherish our customers and are always looking for ways to make every experience with us smooth, hassle free and delightful.
Every month we cater to 200 million transactions and are gearing for more. Experience metrics are crucial to us & integral to every feature. We believe close collaboration, listening to what the customer is saying, even the little stuff, will lead to exceptional experiences.
Ease of discovery, personalisation are hygiene to GoFood and we have long since started taking up new challenges including but not limited to integration of machine learning to optimize processes for our merchant partners and other users.
The GoFood team has seamlessly adopted the new normal of WFH and is always looking to thrive collaboratively even in an online environment. Some of us are Foodies at heart ourselves and all of us enjoy bonding over virtual games, in-depth design brainstorms, new idea sessions and fun times of course :)
If you join us, and we hope you do, we will ensure you are taken care of and move forward in the world of Gojek and Food tech with us!
Gojek is a Super App. It is one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. We are Indonesia’s first decacorn. We are also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business, and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion in annualized gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and is the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Gojek contributed IDR 249 T to the Indonesian economy (equivalent to 2% of Indonesia's GDP in 2020). As of Q1 2021, the Gojek App witnessed over 190mn downloads by customers. The platform has over 2mn Driver Partners & ~900000 Merchant Partners across SEA.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.
GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly - available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.
Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.