UX Writer - Commerce Enablement
Design – Design /
About the Role
It is said that good design is good business. As our UX Writer for the Commerce Enablement Product Design team, you'll dive deep into projects surrounding user experience, translating business goals, technical problems, and research points into impactful words/copy. With your stellar design-thinking, research, and data-driven capabilities, you’ll write for a range of audiences, produce multiple design point-of-views and solutions, conduct small to large research projects, and collaborate with a talented troop of writers and designers within the company.
What You Will Do
- Work closely and under the supervision of your Writer lead, and follow the predefined process that has been set by the team
- Understand the product briefs and present ideas/solutions to the team under the supervision of your Writer lead
- Effectively deliver features and improvements in a well-defined scope
- Proactively attend design reviews, give critiques accordingly, and seek feedback about their works
- Proactively seek knowledge about UX
- Participate in the end-to-end design process with peer researchers, designers, and product and engineering teams
- Own your assigned streams and manage your own tasks
What You Will Need
- At least 2 years of experience in the UX / advertising / creative writing industry
- Strong understanding of writing fundamentals, critical/creative/structured thinking skills, and a familiarity of product design/ design thinking frameworks in order to further develop your writing output
- Excellent grammar skills in both English and Indonesian
- A user-centric mindset in order to see things from their perspective, understand their concerns and feedback, and incorporate these insights into the work you produce
- A drive to always find the root cause of an issue and validate your design - either through quantitative or qualitative research
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written, to effectively collaborate with our international teams
- Ability to work and communicate with stakeholders of varying seniority and backgrounds
- Please attach your writing portfolios by follow the Gojek UX Writing Portfolio Guideline for fully assessment to your writing skills
About the Team
Our Product Design team, a sub-pod of the Commerce Enablement stream, is a family of 4 designers based in Indonesia. Working alongside the Product Research and Product Management teams, we oversee the user experience (UX) for all Commerce Enablement products. This involves participating in end-to-end design processes with peer researchers, designers, and the Product and Engineering teams.
We gather feedback from our merchant partners about any areas of concern, difficulties, or suggestions they have when using our products on a day to day basis, then incorporate these findings into our next product updates and iterations. For instance, as our GoFood merchant partners move their services online, they need a streamlined approach to capture various online transactions and payments. Thus, we added new channels and payments options to ensure our merchant partners can add transactions and analyze reports easily within our POS system. Currently, our team has been busy working on adding more promo features for the Moka POS and GoStore platforms. We are also creating an expense feature for GoKasir merchant partners to track their transactions with greater efficiency.
Off hours, you’d probably find us eating and chatting online together. We’re made up of sports enthusiasts and food lovers. Once COVID subsides, we’re excited to get together for our weekly dinner and drinks again.
Gojek is a Super App. It is one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. We are Indonesia’s first decacorn. We are also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business, and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion in annualized gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and is the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Gojek contributed IDR 249 T to the Indonesian economy (equivalent to 2% of Indonesia's GDP in 2020). As of Q1 2021, the Gojek App witnessed over 190mn downloads by customers. The platform has over 2mn Driver Partners & ~900000 Merchant Partners across SEA.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.
GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly - available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.
Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.