Instructional Design Intern (2019)
Greater Salt Lake City, Utah
Operations – Operations
We’re looking for a creative and organized individual to become part of our Lucid for Education team. Lucid Software’s Lucid for Education team supports the countless educators who rely on Lucidchart and Lucidpress to help their students develop critical thinking, creativity, and communication skills both in and out of the classroom.
As an Instructional Design Intern with Lucid for Education, you will help design,script, and develop learning materials for the K-12 classroom centered around Lucidchart and Lucidpress functionality, instructional best practices, and thinking/working visually. You will help us transform ideas provided bysubject-matter experts into innovative templates and engaging activities in Lucidchart or Lucidpress. The audience for these experiences includes K-12 educators and students.
You are driven by a passion for helping students learn and showcasing the power of technology. You are well-versed in instructional design principles and have a technical aptitude. You will help us in our quest to make education better for all students. If this sounds like you, join us!To be successful in the role, the following skills are essential:
-Clear, cogent writing voice and design aesthetic. A sample will be requested as part of the first interview.
-Ability to build strong relationships with an ever-evolving group of project stakeholders and subject-matter expert
-A love for managing and prioritizing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
Our mission is to make working visually easy and essential for everyone. And we hold true to our core values of: (1) innovation in everything we do; (2) passion & excellence in every area; (3) providing individual empowerment, initiative and ownership; and (4) teamwork over ego.
- Collaborate with subject-matter experts and the Lucid for Education team to build innovative, engaging learning activities and lesson plans within Lucidchart and Lucidpress
- Use instructional design principles to present content in aesthetically pleasing and highly functional ways
- Review the current base of activities, revise to reflect branding guidelines,implement instructional design principles
- Develop and maintain product expertise
- Identify and investigate consumer needs
- Help drive improvements to our product and support offerings
- Pursuit of a Bachelor's degree with strong academic performance
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to quickly master technical tools and concepts, then translate them in ways that are easily understood and adopted by others (e.g. act as an effective translator between technical and non-technical audiences)
- Familiarity with G-Suite
- The ability to work independently, cross-functionally, and on multiple initiatives at the same time with a proven record of driving results.
- Excellent project manager and self-starter, with the ability to work independently.
- Strong technical aptitude
- Adobe Illustrator experience
At Lucid Software our core values aren't just a pretty inspirational wall hanging. These principles work hard, just like we do. Lucidites use them, every day, whether they're discussing ideas for new projects, deciding on the best solution for a customer's problem, or interviewing candidates. It's just one of the many things that makes Lucid Software the best company to work for. Check out our Life at Lucid page and see how our core values align with yours.
We celebrate a diverse and an inclusive work environment, where we honor and support varying backgrounds, beliefs, and perspectives for the benefit of our business, including our employees and products. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that has signed the Parity Pledge and strives to be a place where every Lucidite feels they belong. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.