Director of UX
Greater Salt Lake City, Utah /
UX – UX /
Full-time Tier 1
As a Director of UX at Lucid, you will be collaborating with a talented, motivated team of deep, empathetic thinkers in researching, concepting, and defining what it means to work visually. You will work alongside your director and manager counterparts in the UX, Product Management, and Engineering departments (and others) to guide teams to deliver thoughtful, scalable, and delightful solutions. You will help shape teams by coaching and mentoring designers in creating workflows, interactions, interfaces, research plans, and other deliverables.
Our mission is to help teams see and build the future. And we hold true to our core values of: (1) Innovation in everything we do; (2) Passion & excellence in every area; (3) Providing individual empowerment, initiative and ownership; and (4) Teamwork over ego.
- Coach and mentor design team members to design experiences, interactions, and features that improve product value for continued growth and success (Lucidchart)
- Take ownership of your area of the product by assisting team members in understanding customer problems and defining clear solutions in an agile environment
- Develop partnership with product and engineering leadership to understand strategy, business needs, and roadmap
- Strengthen larger design team and help evangelize the department’s value throughout organization
- Contribute to process and system improvements that increase the effectiveness of the overall design team
- Spend time with our customers and potential customers understanding their needs. Help your team develop expertise and understanding of our customers and their needs.
- Sound knowledge of core design methods (sketching, wireframing, storyboarding, etc)
- Experience and passion for helping others plan, conduct, and synthesize customer research
- Ability to describe and hold team accountable to success metrics
- Passion for evaluating design solutions with qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Ability to understand multiple complex domains at once to guide multiple individual contributors
- Ability or interest in coaching individuals within their specific projects as well as in their own career growth
- Can communicate sound design rationale through different mediums and design deliverables (whiteboard, mocks, presentations, prototypes)
- Thrive working in a fast-paced, startup type environment and keeping others energized and excited
- Real passion for learning and a willingness to see the world through someone else’s point of view
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in visual design, human factors, user experience, psychology, computer science, software interface design, or a related field
- 6+ years of UX design experience
- Experience leading and managing teams
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Bias towards finding solutions vs. shutting down ideas
This position is located in South Jordan, Utah. Relocation assistance is available. Must be willing to relocate or commute into our South Jordan office.
At Lucid Software our core values aren't just a pretty inspirational wall hanging. These principles work hard, just like we do. Lucidites use them, every day, whether they're discussing ideas for new projects, deciding on the best solution for a customer's problem, or interviewing candidates. It's just one of the many things that makes Lucid Software the best company to work for. Check out our Life at Lucid page and see how our core values align with yours.
We celebrate a diverse and an inclusive work environment, where we honor and support varying backgrounds, beliefs, and perspectives for the benefit of our business, including our employees and products. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that has signed the Parity Pledge and strives to be a place where every Lucidite feels they belong. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.