Manager, Mid Market Customer Success
Customer Success – Customer Success Leadership /
Gong unlocks reality to help people and companies reach their full potential. The patented Gong Revenue Intelligence Platform™ empowers customer-facing teams to take advantage of their most valuable assets – customer interactions, which the Gong platform automatically captures and analyzes. Gong then delivers insights at scale, empowering revenue and go-to-market teams to determine the best actions for winning outcomes. Thousands of innovative companies like Morningstar Inc., Paychex, LinkedIn, Shopify, Slack, SproutSocial, Twilio, and Zillow trust Gong to power their customer reality. Gong is an award winning company and was recognized on the Inc 5000 (#99), Forbes Cloud 100 (#28), LinkedIn Top Start Ups (#2), and Great Places to Work lists in 2021.
Our Mid-Market segment is rapidly growing and we are excited to grow the CSM team with your addition! As a Manager, we’re looking for a creative, customer-centric, and experienced leader to manage part of our Mid-Market CSM team. Your leadership will have a direct impact on the growth and maturity of the segment, the development of your team, and Gong’s operating principle of CREATING RAVING FANS. This position reports into our Director of Mid-Market Customer Success.
Our CSMs are trusted strategic advisors to senior revenue leaders to uncover business objectives and pains and strategically map those to Gong value. CSMs own overall customer relationships and drive engagement and adoption, mine and measure value, unearth and mitigate risk, and create customer advocacy. CSMs drive quarterly metrics around portfolio net growth, business reviews, and product utilization.
- Hire, coach, and develop the best CSM team in the industry.
- Build a creative and innovative culture, and a passion for providing an exceptional customer experience
- Partner with other CS leaders to further refine structure, process, systems, and resources to successfully support our customers - Create Raving Fans!
- Partner with CS Operations to design and implement process improvements, customer journey playbooks and automated programs to deliver deeper value to customers at scale.
- Own your team's metrics and drive the plan to attain and exceed them - want more!
- Work closely with internal teams (Customer Education, Support, Marketing, Sales, Product, Professional Services) to align priorities, collaborate on customer needs and opportunities, and deliver early and increasing value over time
- 2-5+ years proven success record in building and managing high performing CSM teams in B2B enterprise SaaS
- Passionate about developing people and coaching your team to meet their full potential
- Demonstrated ability leading a customer facing team — helping your team prioritize and manage a book of business, lead centralized tool deployment, and drive adoption, growth and retention
- Experience owning and managing quarterly team metrics
- Previous experience aligning with customer leadership, driving ROI and value conversations with VP and C-suite stakeholders, and managing customer escalations from your team
- High level of business acumen and understanding of how revenue leaders work and think (experience with Gong preferred)
- High energy leader with excellent cross functional collaboration skills to drive customer centricity by leveraging internal stakeholders such as Sales, Product, Support, Marketing and executives.
- Our team is full of self-starters who excel in high paced environments and thrive in change and ambiguity.
- Our top performers have a growth mindset and pride themselves in being coachable.
- We are a team that values collaboration and winning together, enjoying the ride, and challenging conventional wisdom. If that’s you too, we want to hear from you!
PERKS & BENEFITS
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life blend
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Company-wide recharge days each quarter
Gong is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to our success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.