Revenue Ops Consultant (Full-stack Development Background)
Chicago, San Francisco, New York
Who you are:
Although you’d rather be focused on building quality software, you recognize the importance of the end user. Your efforts should be tied to some type of ROI. You are fascinated with human behavior – how people think and act in different situations. You understand how the user experience defines the lasting impression on your users. Your customer's needs are important and solving their pains is a big priority for you. After all, you’re getting paid to make their lives better.
You’re not afraid of posting your code publicly to the internet to see. You’re even (sometimes) proud of the code you’ve written. You know there is a great power in sharing your knowledge because you’ve been utilizing open source software for years.
Knowing good organization is extremely important to communicate your code’s intention, you won't spend forever on it. Shipping finished code frequently is an important yardstick for your performance.
You know there is a great deal to teach, while there is still so much you can learn from your peers. Every day you can’t wait to learn something new. Using code review and pull requests as a knowledge sharing exercise, you apply it to your process and be better than before.
You know what it means to be an early engineer at a growing company. You take pride in your work/life philosophy. You want to work in a diverse environment.
- Implement open source libraries, and design concepts to improve our infrastructure.
- Contribute to all aspects of our process: define, design, develop, test and support.
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Developing highly interactive web applications, in React/Node JS/Rails/Django/etc.
- Designing software to be flexible
- Writing well-organized code
- Strong in lean and agile development
- Must possess curiosity, empathy, and a passion for User Experience (UX)
- Having leadership qualities – can eventually lead development efforts
- Experience with other front-end frameworks
- Salesforce APIs or certifications
- Consulting background
- Open Source contributions
- Chatbot APIs, Slack, Spark, Hipchat
- Work alongside smart, talented people who will push you and help you grow
- The autonomy to make decisions to help our team grow in both breadth and depth
- Build experience working with innovative tech clients
- Support for professional development from a knowledgeable team
- Video games and board games played regularly
- Excellent health benefits
About Go Nimbly
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Go Nimbly is a revenue operations consulting firm based in San Francisco. We make SaaS and innovative companies more successful, by increasing operational excellence and improving the lives of revenue teams.
We work with the most innovative companies in the world including Coursera, Twilio, Zendesk, Pagerduty, and others.
We are ~40 people (and counting) based out of a sunny, modern office on the edge of The Mission and Potrero in San Francisco, and WeWork offices in Manhattan and Chicago; dog and cat friendly.