VP of Product
Noyo is building the digital infrastructure to bring health insurance into the modern era. With Noyo, benefits software companies can quickly and securely trade data with health insurance plans without building an in-house system from scratch.
Like Stripe in payments and Plaid in financial services, we develop modern infrastructure to support a new generation of consumer health insurance experiences. Our powerful API platform enables faster, more accurate data exchange between for all types of health insurance experiences.
We are a rapidly-growing Series A startup that has raised more than $16M from the best investors in Silicon Valley, and we are building a team of ambitious and creative people looking to change the face of healthcare.
Noyo is a distributed company with teammates all across the United States. We have offices in San Francisco and Raleigh-Durham.
About The Role
As the Vice President of Product, you will be responsible for building a team and infrastructure to deliver the best connections gateway for modern benefits. You will understand our customers and the market to create a product strategy that enables benefits administration to be as simple as clicking a button. You will lead and motivate a team of product managers and product designers to convert that strategy into product execution. In this role you will report to the co-founder, Chief Operating Officer.
The VP of Product is highly customer focused and excels at creating alignment and making difficult tradeoff decisions. You take a data-driven approach to provide product recommendations. You are ready to transform the benefits industry for the digital age, and you can set a vision to challenge the industry’s status quo. You can empower your team to work effectively and ship products that customers love.
What You'll Do
- Drive the vision and execution for the Noyo platform, which includes APIs, payments products, and surrounding products for the benefits and insurance industry.
- Develop, align, and communicate the product roadmap each quarter.
- Create product scorecards and enhance product development processes.
- Coach and empower direct reports to deliver their products.
- Set high standards for the team and create systems of accountability.
- Recruit world class talent.
- Represent Product at the executive level.
What We Are Looking For
- Great candidates will have strong design and UX instincts and deep experience building API and infrastructure products
- 10+ years in product management
- 3+ years leading and managing product teams with a player-coach leadership mentality
- A strong history of collaboration and alignment with cross-functional teams, including Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Finance, and People Operations
- Expert knowledge of evaluating tradeoffs and maximizing team capacity and potential
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in benefits, HR-tech, and/or fintech a plus
What we value
1. Judgment to experiment quickly without sacrificing quality
2. Combination of ambition and creativity to solve hard problems
3. Collaborative approach and focus on finding the best ideas, wherever they may be
What we offer
Competitive salary and equity packages - You'll be an owner of the company
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance - Noyo pays 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependents premiums
Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance - Company paid life and disability coverage
Health and Dependent Care FSAs - Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for out-of-pocket expenses
401k Account - 401k program through Guideline
Commuter Benefits - Tax-advantaged commuter benefits account
Home Office Stipend - Noyo offers each team member a $500 stipend to spend on home office related equipment
Parental Support - 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
Paid Time Off - Uncapped vacation days & paid holidays
Election Day Off - Election Day is a company holiday, every year, in support of democratic engagement.
How we work together
No Meeting Wednesdays - Wednesdays are used for deep work, so we try to avoid meetings being scheduled this day unless it's client sensitive.
Tech Stack - We primarily use Slack, Google Suite, and Notion.
Core Hours - To maintain our flexible, self-directed work schedules without leading people to feel they need to be constantly connected, we've implemented core meeting hours where cross-time zone meetings happen.
We believe that the best teams are those that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that will lead us all to our best work. Noyo is an equal opportunity employer.
Noyo participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching the information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Here you will find links to the Participation Poster as well as the Right to Work notices in English and Spanish.