Director of Finance
Noyo is building the digital infrastructure to bring health insurance into the modern era. With Noyo, benefits software companies can quickly and securely trade data with health insurance plans without building an in-house system from scratch.
Like Stripe in payments and Plaid in financial services, we develop modern infrastructure to support a new generation of consumer health insurance experiences. Our powerful API platform enables faster, more accurate data exchange between for all types of health experiences.
We are a rapidly-growing Series A startup that has raised more than $16M from the best investors in Silicon Valley, and we are building a team of ambitious and creative people looking to change the face of healthcare.
Noyo is a distributed company with teammates all across the United States. We have offices in San Francisco and Raleigh-Durham.
About the Role
As the first finance hire at Noyo, you will have an outsized impact on shaping our business and financial strategy throughout this period of rapid growth. You'll drive continuous improvement across the business, applying analytical rigor to bolster strategic decision making around our go-to-market and growth plans. You will work closely with the executive team and board of directors to ensure our resources are allocated efficiently in pursuit of our vision to improve the US healthcare system.
What You'll Do
- Own financial and accounting operations for the company, including financial analysis and reporting, forecasts, budgeting, scenario planning, cash management, and payroll.
- Own the company-wide financial model, partnering with executive team and functional leaders to develop detailed operating plans, establish metrics, and monitor success.
- Perform strategic financial analysis that drives business decisions including pricing, hiring plans, and more.
- Implement systems for budgeting, invoicing, and payments.
- Prepare Board materials that accurately present the company's financial position and highlight the key drivers of the business for strategic decision making.
- Manage external financial and accounting vendors.
What We're Looking For
- Finance experience at a high-growth technology startup; prior experience in corporate strategy or finance roles a plus
- Skilled communicator who can build relationships across the organization to bring everyone along with critical business decisions
- Strong analytical skills and creative approach to solving unstructured problems
- Experience building and executing a SaaS-based business model and deep understanding of relevant KPIs (e.g. ARR, LTV, CAC, Recurring vs. Non-Recurring revenue, etc.).
What we value
1. Judgment to experiment quickly without sacrificing quality
2. Combination of ambition and creativity to solve hard problems
3. Collaborative approach and focus on finding the best ideas, wherever they may be
What we offer
Competitive salary and equity packages - You'll be an owner of the company
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance - Noyo pays 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependents premiums
Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance - Company paid life and disability coverage
Health and Dependent Care FSAs - Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for out-of-pocket expenses
401k Account - 401k program through Guideline
Commuter Benefits - Tax-advantaged commuter benefits account
Parental Support - 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
Paid Time Off - Uncapped vacation days
Election Day Off - Election Day is a company holiday, every year, in support of democratic engagement
We believe that the best teams are those that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that will lead us all to our best work. Noyo is an equal opportunity employer.