Head of People Operations
Noyo is building the digital infrastructure to bring health insurance into the modern era. With Noyo, benefits software companies can quickly and securely trade data with health insurance plans without building an in-house system from scratch.
Like Stripe in payments and Plaid in financial services, we develop modern infrastructure to support a new generation of consumer health insurance experiences. Our powerful API platform enables faster, more accurate data exchange between for all types of health experiences.
We are a rapidly-growing Series A startup that has raised more than $16M from the best investors in Silicon Valley, and we are building a team of ambitious and creative people looking to change the face of healthcare.
Noyo is a distributed company with teammates all across the United States. We have offices in San Francisco and Raleigh-Durham.
About the Role:
As the first person on Noyo's people operations team, this person will be responsible for designing systems and programs that foster a strong culture and inclusive employee experience for all Noyo team-members. Noyo is a distributed team, and this person will implement best practices for human resources while designing creative programs to support a happy and high-performing team. This role will report to the COO.
What You'll Do
- Establish programs that make Noyo an incredible place to start and advance a career, including performance management, professional development programs, and compensation strategies that drive continuous improvement
- Drive employee engagement through social and professional development programs
- Manage office spaces and advise on strategic decisions around offices and budgeting for our distributed team
- Develop onboarding and training programs to create high-performers backed up by a highly supportive organization
- Generalist support, including managing HRIS platforms, HR policies, and assisting with development of policies and procedures
- Work closely with external recruiting partners to attract the best talent for our mission
- Hire, retain, and train a world class people team.
- Work closely with recruiting partners to establish best practices and processes around candidate outreach and interview processes.
What We're Looking For
- Demonstrated focus on creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environments and dedication to continuous improvement for our employee base
- Perspective on how to create a thriving culture in a distributed team
- Cultural ambassador who will embed our company values into our systems and processes
- Experience across a variety of HR disciplines and track record of self-improvement
What we value
1. Judgment to experiment quickly without sacrificing quality
2. Combination of ambition and creativity to solve hard problems
3. Collaborative approach and focus on finding the best ideas, wherever they may be
What we offer
Competitive salary and equity packages - You'll be an owner of the company
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance - Noyo pays 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependents premiums
Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance - Company paid life and disability coverage
Health and Dependent Care FSAs - Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for out-of-pocket expenses
401k Account - 401k program through Guideline
Commuter Benefits - Tax-advantaged commuter benefits account
Parental Support - 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
Paid Time Off - Uncapped vacation days
Election Day Off - Election Day is a company holiday, every year, in support of democratic engagement
We believe that the best teams are those that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that will lead us all to our best work. Noyo is an equal opportunity employer.