San Francisco CA, Durham NC, or Remote /
Noyo is on a mission to unlock the next generation of innovation that will modernize the health insurance system.
Health insurance is essential to securing one’s financial and physical well-being. Yet everyday, people struggle to access and understand their healthcare because insurance is too complicated, expensive, and opaque. The pain is compounded by disconnected and inefficient systems built on outdated technology.
Noyo is building the digital infrastructure to bring health insurance into the modern era. Our powerful API platform enables faster, more accurate data exchange between health insurance platforms and insurance carriers. Like Stripe in payments and Plaid in financial services, we are building the modern infrastructure to support a new generation of consumer health insurance experiences.
About The Role
Noyo is transforming the technical infrastructure for health insurance. We partner with cutting edge software companies, which use Noyo to power their applications, and with enterprise insurance companies, which use Noyo to modernize legacy processes that have slowed down their business.
As a sales engineer, you will guide clients as they evaluate and implement Noyo's solution as part of their broader digital transformation journeys. You will be a critical member of the go-to-market team, working closely with the enterprise sales team, demonstrating the power of Noyo's API platform, and manage the technical relationship with in-depth API expertise.
What You'll Do
- Work directly with clients ( legacy insurance carriers and modern benefits platforms) as member of the sales team.
- Understand both technical and business needs of our clients and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders to help them understand what Noyo does and how it solves their problems.
- Lead architecture and integration discussions and customize integration plans to facilitate a successful sale.
- Create and manage the product demo environment, ensuring you and the sales team are able to present our product in the best way for specific selling situations.
- Collaborate with sales, product, and marketing teams to improve sales processes and surface customer feedback.
- Identify new product requirements and work with product and engineering to scope and prioritize.
What We Are Looking For
- Personable and outgoing with ability to elicit honest feedback, build trusted relationships with prospects, and connect the dots across complex business and technical needs.
- Ability to uncover product concerns and objections, and form strategic responses that are both honest and help advance our selling effort. Ability to communicate our product differentiators to win in competitive evaluations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High standard for quality for client-facing materials and customer interactions.
- Experience as a sales engineer with track record of quota achievement in a consultative B2B sales organization.
- Knowledge of API design and development in enterprise ecosystems.
- Software engineering background with knowledge of end-to-end security, including popular API security technologies such as OAuth, mTLS, SAML, JWT, and SSO.
What You'll Love About Noyo
- You will work on innovative products that positively impacts everyday people
- You will be challenged and work with a team that prioritizes career growth
- You will collaborate with an ambitious and motivated team who are aligned around a driving mission - use technology to improve insurance for everyone
- You will help shape large parts of the core product and influence the company as it grows
What We Value on the Team
1. Judgment to experiment quickly without sacrificing quality
2. Combination of ambition and creativity to solve hard problems
3. Collaborative approach and focus on finding the best ideas, wherever they may be
Benefits & Perks
1. Competitive salary and equity packages.
2. Health, vision, and dental insurance
3. Open vacation policy
5. Parental Leave Policy
6. Election Day as a company holiday
We believe that the best teams are those that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that will lead us all to our best work. Noyo is an equal opportunity employer.
Noyo is a semi-distributed company, with team members in multiple US locations. This role is based in either San Francisco, CA or Durham, NC.