Noyo is building the digital infrastructure to bring health insurance into the modern era. With Noyo, benefits software companies can quickly and securely trade data with health insurance plans without building an in-house system from scratch.
Like Stripe in payments and Plaid in financial services, we develop modern infrastructure to support a new generation of consumer health insurance experiences. Our powerful API platform enables faster, more accurate data exchange between for all types of health experiences.
We are a rapidly-growing Series A startup that has raised more than $16M from the best investors in Silicon Valley, and we are building a team of ambitious and creative people looking to change the face of healthcare.
Noyo is a distributed company with teammates all across the United States. We have offices in San Francisco and Raleigh-Durham.
About The Role
As a Brand Designer, you will develop and evolve our brand identity so we can tell a cohesive visual story across Noyo’s external-facing touch points. You’ll work collaboratively with go-to-market teams to craft the visual narrative behind our messaging as we launch new product experiences and bring transformative ideas to life. You’ll add structure to the design process, creating scalable systems, organizing assets, and refining how we approach design problems as a team.
The Brand Designer is equally a strategic thought partner as much as they are a talented producer with an eye for style. You have the curiosity to understand technical details and the underlying business strategy that drives decision making. You can navigate complex, abstract problems, and you’re not afraid to challenge the status quo. Most importantly, you can produce amazing work that helps Noyo standout as a technology leader.
What You'll Do
- Develop, maintain, and evolve visual design guidelines for the Noyo brand (e.g. fonts, colors, icons, formatting, and illustration style)
- Participate in the strategy of how Noyo communicates the value, impact, and function of our products and our broader vision
- Work cross-functionally to design illustrations, templates, and collateral across a variety of media and channels
- Collaborate with product and UI/UX design to create consistent themes across the complete Noyo experience
- Collaborate with the Head of People Ops on Noyo’s Employer Value Proposition
- Structure the end-to-end brand design process, from concept to feedback to production
- Create and manage asset libraries for reusable, systematic design
- Maintain high standards for design quality and style
- Foster a creative, inclusive design culture at Noyo, helping us to become better design thinkers and communicators
What We Are Looking For
- Strong understanding of the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, color, balance, and proportion, as well as accessibility standards
- Ability to conceptualize and produce illustrations, layouts, and graphic elements independently
- Experience developing brand standards for visual design, including systems for more scalable, reusable design
- A versatile portfolio of work that shows you can adapt various styles based on the needs of a project
- Demonstrated ability to craft a narrative that’s informed by an underlying business insight or product strategy
- Skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions. You thrive in an open, collaborative environment.
- Fluency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign (or similar software), as well as Sketch or Figma. We use Figma for prototyping and cataloging assets.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant professional experience
What You'll Love About Noyo
- You will work on innovative technology that positively impacts everyday people
- You will be challenged technically and work with a team that prioritizes career growth
- You will collaborate with an ambitious and motivated team who are aligned around a driving mission - use technology to make the insurance industry better for everyone
What we value
1. Judgment to experiment quickly without sacrificing quality
2. Combination of ambition and creativity to solve hard problems
3. Collaborative approach and focus on finding the best ideas, wherever they may be
What we offer
Competitive salary and equity packages - You'll be an owner of the company
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance - Noyo pays 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependents premiums
Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance - Company paid life and disability coverage
Health and Dependent Care FSAs - Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for out-of-pocket expenses
401k Account - 401k program through Guideline
Commuter Benefits - Tax-advantaged commuter benefits account
Home Office Stipend - Noyo offers each team member a $500 stipend to spend on home office related equipment
Parental Support - 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
Paid Time Off - Uncapped vacation days & paid holidays
Election Day Off - Election Day is a company holiday, every year, in support of democratic engagement.
How we work together
No Meeting Wednesdays - Wednesdays are used for deep work, so we try to avoid meetings being scheduled this day unless it's client sensitive.
Tech Stack - We primarily use Slack, Google Suite, and Notion.
Core Hours - To maintain our flexible, self-directed work schedules without leading people to feel they need to be constantly connected, we've implemented core meeting hours where cross-time zone meetings happen.
We believe that the best teams are those that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that will lead us all to our best work. Noyo is an equal opportunity employer.
Noyo participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching the information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Here you will find links to the Participation Poster as well as the Right to Work notices in English and Spanish.