Full Stack Engineer (NC)
Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina Area
Noyo is on a mission to unlock the next generation of innovation that will modernize the health insurance system.
Health insurance is essential to securing one’s financial and physical well-being. Yet everyday, people struggle to access and understand their healthcare because insurance is too complicated, expensive, and opaque. The pain is compounded by disconnected and inefficient systems built on outdated technology.
Noyo is building the digital infrastructure to bring health insurance into the modern era. Our powerful API platform enables faster, more accurate data exchange between health insurance platforms and insurance carriers. Like Stripe in payments and Plaid in financial services, we are building the modern infrastructure to support a new generation of consumer health insurance experiences.
About The Role
APIs are the foundation of everything we do here at Noyo. As an engineer, you will be tackling some of our most fundamental and challenging problems in an exciting and collaborative environment. As an early member of our engineering team, you will have the opportunity to make significant contributions and to help shape Noyo’s product and culture.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with the founding team to design and build best-in-class APIs with an emphasis on usability and performance
- Work with the engineering team to develop scalable infrastructure using modern tooling and best practices
- Ensure the platform is highly scalable and secure
- Maintain high engineering standards for system design, code quality, and communication
- Help shape the culture and processes of the engineering team
What We're Looking For
- You should be experienced working with modern web technologies to build well-architected services with great APIs
- We program mostly in Node.js and Python but if you have experience working with any modern web framework you could be a great fit
- Professional experience working with modern front-end libraries like React/Redux or Angular
- Ability to recognize trade-offs and choose the right technology for the job
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant professional experience
What You'll Love About Noyo
- You will work on innovative technology that positively impacts everyday people
- You will be challenged technically and work with a team that prioritizes career growth
- You will collaborate with an ambitious and motivated team who are aligned around a driving mission - use technology to make the insurance industry better for everyone
- You will own large parts of the product and help shape the company as it grows
What We Value on the Team
1. Judgment to experiment quickly without sacrificing quality
2. Combination of ambition and creativity to solve hard problems
3. Collaborative approach and focus on finding the best ideas, wherever they may be
Benefits & Perks
1. Competitive salary and equity packages.
2. Health, vision, and dental insurance
3. Open vacation policy
4. Election Day as a company holiday
We believe that the best teams are those that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that will lead us all to our best work. Noyo is an equal opportunity employer.
Noyo is a semi-distributed company, with team members in multiple US locations. This role is based in either San Francisco, CA or Durham, NC.