San Francisco CA, Durham NC, or Remote /
Noyo is on a mission to unlock the next generation of innovation that will modernize the health insurance system.
Health insurance is essential to securing one’s financial and physical well-being. Yet everyday, people struggle to access and understand their healthcare because insurance is too complicated, expensive, and opaque. The pain is compounded by disconnected and inefficient systems built on outdated technology.
Noyo is building the digital infrastructure to bring health insurance into the modern era. Our powerful API platform enables faster, more accurate data exchange between health insurance platforms and insurance carriers. Like Stripe in payments and Plaid in financial services, we are building the modern infrastructure to support a new generation of consumer health insurance experiences.
About The Role
APIs are the foundation of everything we do here at Noyo, but to give our customers maximum visibility into the connections we facilitate, we need help building UIs too. . As an early member of our engineering team, you will make significant contributions to and help shape Noyo’s product and culture.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with the founding team to build modern web applications that help our customers easily and effectively use our products
- Help choose technologies and make foundational decisions for Noyo's front-end architecture
- Maintain high engineering standards for application design, code quality, and communication
- Help shape the culture and processes of the engineering team
What We're Looking For
- We use React, but we’re happy to consider candidates with different framework experience. We value your opinions on how best to build webapps, and on the framework ecosystem as a whole
- Ideas on how to effectively collaborate with product and UI/UX designers to build web experiences
- An up-to-date understanding of CSS layout and typography
- A dedication to performance, security, and accessibility as crucial components of good UX
- We program mostly in Python on the backend; an ability and willingness to contribute to the backend codebase as needed is a plus
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant professional experience
What You'll Love About Noyo
- You will work on innovative technology that positively impacts everyday people by facilitating their access to healthcare
- You will be challenged technically and work with a team that prioritizes career growth
- You will collaborate with an ambitious and motivated team who are aligned around a driving mission - use technology to make the insurance industry better for everyone
What We Value on the Team
1. Judgment to experiment quickly without sacrificing quality
2. Combination of ambition and creativity to solve hard problems
3. Collaborative approach and focus on finding the best ideas, wherever they may be
Benefits & Perks
1. Competitive salary and equity packages.
2. Health, vision, and dental insurance
3. Open vacation policy
5. Parental Leave Policy
6. Election Day as a company holiday
We believe that the best teams are those that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that will lead us all to our best work. Noyo is an equal opportunity employer.
Noyo is a semi-distributed company, with team members in multiple US locations. This role is based in either San Francisco, CA or Durham, NC.