Field & Politics Intern
United States /
Good Party is looking for an outgoing and charismatic paid Field & Politics Intern with a passion for field work, organizing, and research experience. You’ll activate our mobilization and politics efforts to spread Good Party’s movement to your college campus, surrounding campuses, and city. You’ll work closely with our Political Director and Head of Mobilization. You’ll be involved in the day to day of an early stage startup and have multiple opportunities for mentorship and growth through interactions with senior leadership. If you want to gain valuable experience while making a difference, this opportunity is for you.
We’re especially interested in applicants who will be in Nashville, Tennessee, Durham, North Carolina, and Portland, Maine during the summer and fall months.
About Good Party:
Good Party is the movement to make people matter more than money in our democracy.
At Good Party, we help real people run winning campaigns based on good ideas. We connect our supporters to these Good Candidates who will truly represent us in office.
Americans are losing faith in democracy – especially young people. The rigged, two party system has turned Independent into a dirty word to make voters trapped between voting for the lesser of two evils or wasting their vote on an alternative. Whether you’re concerned about the climate, privacy, inequality, or our individual freedoms, solutions are held back by the dark doom-loop of dysfunctional partisan politics.
We recognize that Independent and 3rd party candidates lack the resources to be viable against Republicans and Democrats, even though a majority of Americans are Independent. In fact, a majority of eligible voters (over 130M Americans), including more than half of Millennials and Gen Z, say that neither Republicans, nor Democrats represent them…but they keep getting elected!
Good Party’s solution is to provide candidates who take our pledge with cutting-edge tech tools to win, without selling out to the Democrats or Republicans. We are building a community to end the corrupt two party system and then harnessing that community’s collective power to elect the most promising independents around the country. By leveraging social media and creators, we’re making our mission to make people matter more than money mainstream.
Good Party is founded by serial entrepreneur, Farhad Mohit, with over $1B in exits — Flipagram (now TikTok), Shopzilla, and BizRate.
Why you should work at Good Party:
- Join us in solving the biggest problem of our time – fixing our democracy – so all other problems can be solved
- Gain startup, mobilization/field operations, events management, social media, and political campaign experience to boost your resume
- Gain voter contact and voter activation skills
- Better your leadership skills
- Build your network and community with other campus ambassadors and organizers across your school and state.
- We’re a Public Benefit Corporation that prioritizes social impact over making money.
- Join a passionate team with diverse political views focused on one mission.
- Work how you like, on a fully remote team spread across the country.
- We’re fully funded for our mission. Focus on making an impact. That’s what matters
What you'll do:
- Educate and inform people about Good Party’s mission and solution.
- Assist with recruiting and organizing volunteers for honest and people powered 2023 candidates and campaigns.
- Use your local knowledge and experience to advise on political, mobilization, and marketing strategies.
- Work with independent candidates and democracy reform organizations that align with Good Party’s mission.
- Support our Politics team in meetings with potential and current Good Party campaigns, take notes, and contribute to strategic plans.
- Assist with research projects, analysis, and briefing memos.
- Connect with student organizations to help spread the word about Good Party. Organize events and pop-up activations to activate voters at popular campus spots, nearby venues, or within larger events.
- Canvas in your community to spread the word about Good Party.
- Learn how to administrate CRM database of volunteers and partners.
- Help with Discord server engagement and moderation
- As part of an early stage tech start-up, you’ll have the opportunity to wear many hats and get exposure to various disciplines (e.g. Marketing, Product Development, People Operations).
- You’ll work up to 35-40 hours/week in the summer and ideally continue on between 10-20 hours/week during the fall semester until November 22, 2023
Who we're looking for:
- You’re up for the audacious challenge of transforming our democracy for Good.
- You have a basic understanding of politics in the U.S. You know it’s broken and that electing more Democrats and Republicans is not the answer.
- You’re a current student or recent graduate with interest in political science, public policy, communication, media, marketing, events management, or related field.
- You’ve got strong social skills. You enjoy getting to know strangers.
- You’re a strong researcher, writer, and speaker. You’ve written more papers than you care to remember.
- You’re a creative problem solver who can keep many moving parts organized
- You can work independently and handle multiple work streams in a remote setting. You’re able to pivot and re-prioritize at a moment’s notice.
- You’re willing to learn and desire mentorship
- You communicate directly, honestly, and are open to candid feedback
- You align with our team’s values: We Are – Honest, open, and mission-driven. We Believe – People are Good. We Create – Results that inspire and grow our movement. We Love – Freedom and owning responsibility for all that we do. We Party – Together with a purpose!
- You’ve got experience with any CRM system such as Hubspot or Nationbuilder.
- You have field organizing or political experience working on a campaign or ballot initiative.
- You’re involved in on-campus student organizations. You enjoy networking with your peers.
- You know how to throw awesome parties and events.
The pay rate for this remote position is $15/hour. We are not considering candidates currently based outside of the US, so please only apply if you are physically located in the US. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide sponsorship for any of our roles at this time.
Apply or spread the word:
We hope you'll apply!
You can also keep up with the latest by signing up at GoodParty.org. If you know anyone else who may be interested, please share this job posting – thanks!