Social Media Marketing Intern
United States /
Good Party is looking for an innovative and creative paid Social Media Marketing Intern for the summer and fall. You’ll work closely with our Creator Community Lead, Head of Marketing, and our marketing team. You’ll support all aspects of our social media and marketing team, from content strategy, content creation to influencer marketing. You’ll be involved in the day to day of an early stage startup and have multiple opportunities for mentorship and growth through interactions with senior leadership.
We’re especially interested in applicants who will be in Nashville, Tennessee, Durham, North Carolina, and Portland, Maine during the summer and fall months.
About Good Party:
Good Party is the movement to make people matter more than money in our democracy.
At Good Party, we help real people run winning campaigns based on good ideas. We connect our supporters to these Good Candidates who will truly represent us in office.
Americans are losing faith in democracy – especially young people. The rigged, two party system has turned Independent into a dirty word to make voters trapped between voting for the lesser of two evils or wasting their vote on an alternative. Whether you’re concerned about the climate, privacy, inequality, or our individual freedoms, solutions are held back by the dark doom-loop of dysfunctional partisan politics.
We recognize that Independent and 3rd party candidates lack the resources to be viable against Republicans and Democrats, even though a majority of Americans are Independent. In fact, a majority of eligible voters (over 130M Americans), including more than half of Millennials and Gen Z, say that neither Republicans, nor Democrats represent them…but they keep getting elected!
Good Party’s solution is to provide candidates who take our pledge with cutting-edge tech tools to win, without selling out to the Democrats or Republicans. We are building a community to end the corrupt two party system and then harnessing that community’s collective power to elect the most promising independents around the country. By leveraging social media and creators, we’re making our mission to make people matter more than money mainstream.
Good Party is founded by serial entrepreneur, Farhad Mohit, with over $1B in exits — Flipagram (now TikTok), Shopzilla, and BizRate.
Why you should work at Good Party:
- Join us in solving the biggest problem of our time – fixing our democracy – so all other problems can be solved
- We’re a Public Benefit Corporation that prioritizes social impact over making money
- Work how you like, on a fully remote team spread across the country
- Join a passionate team with diverse political views focused on one mission
- We’re fully funded for our mission. No stressing over whether the next round of funding will come through. Focus on making an impact. That’s what matters here.
What you'll do:
- Assist in creating social media content (Twitter, TikTok, Instagram) that grows our audience and generates awareness of Good Party.
- Schedule out posts, engage with comments, and respond to DMs
- Research creators and influencers aligned with our mission and send outreach messages
- Measure engagement on social media platforms and other marketing platforms
- Research and maintain awareness of current social media trends
- As part of an early stage tech start-up, you’ll have the opportunity to wear many hats and get exposure to various disciplines (e.g. mobilization, politics, product development)
- You’ll work up to 35-40 hours/week in the summer and ideally continue on between 10-20 hours/week during the fall semester until November 22, 2023
Who we're looking for:
- You’re up for the audacious challenge of transforming our democracy for Good
- You’re a student in or recent graduate of an undergraduate or graduate program in marketing, business, communications, humanities, or related field
- You’ve got the grit to push through and make the impossible possible. You thrive working at the startup speed that our mission demands.
- You’re a clever, engaging writer and speaker. You’re known for your top tier captions.
- You know more than you may let on about social media platforms. You’ve got an impressive understanding of all things memes.
- You have experience studying, working, or volunteering in politics, political activism, or democracy reform.
- You can work independently and handle multiple work streams in a remote setting. You’re able to pivot and re-prioritize at a moment’s notice.
- You’re willing to learn and desire mentorship
- You communicate directly, honestly, and are open to candid feedback
- You align with our team’s values: We Are – Honest, open, and mission-driven. We Believe – People are Good. We Create – Results that inspire and grow our movement. We Love – Freedom and owning responsibility for all that we do. We Party – Together with a purpose!
- You’ve got experience with Sprout Social
- You have experience creating content
The pay rate for this remote position is $15/hour. We are not considering candidates currently based outside of the US, so please only apply if you are physically located in the US. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide sponsorship for any of our roles at this time.
Apply or spread the word:
We hope you'll apply!
You can also keep up with the latest by signing up at GoodParty.org. If you know anyone else who may be interested, please share this job posting – thanks!