About GoodBuy Gear
GoodBuy Gear is the leading online marketplace for quality checked, secondhand and open box baby, toddler and kid gear. We’re reinventing how parents shop for their children by reducing consumerism and saving families time and money. We’re tackling this multi-billion dollar industry by putting parent’s needs first and are proud to give secondhand shopping the legitimacy and convenience it deserves to become a modern-day movement. Working at GoodBuy Gear feels like being on a high-functioning sports team. Everyone has an important and unique value to provide. Everyone knows their contributions have an impact. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company as we’re growing fast! The ideal candidate is someone who is energized by working in a dynamic, exciting and fast-paced environment—with a lot of potential for growth.
About the Role
Are you a storyteller at heart? Are you passionate about sustainability and reducing consumerism? And do you love seeing first-hand how your work can get results? Bring your keen editorial eye and captivating writing skills to a passionate team working to make shopping and selling baby & kid gear sustainable for the planet and accessible to all those that inhibit it.
We're looking for an Editorial Manager to help us bring our content quality and production to the next level. You'll work closely with the Head of Brand Marketing to map out our editorial calendar and lead all aspects of the content-development processes for our team.
You’re excited about this role because you will…
- Create unique, relevant and unbiased content that ranks for non-brand terms in the baby & kid space and fuels our full-funnel content strategy across channels
- Work closely with Head of Brand Marketing to develop and bring the editorial strategy to life, ensuring we’re publishing on schedule, and coordinating content distribution with the channel managers
- Guide the editorial direction of the GoodBuy Gear blog, including what themes and topics we should cover, SEO keywords we should target, new content formats we should produce, etc.
- Regularly audit and report on performance of high priority keywords, topics and pages
- Scale content program and own the day-to-day of the blog, working with internal/external partners and subject matter experts to define and drive key messages for content, grow touchpoints, and improve content creation efficiency to support team goals
- Create content frameworks, including style sheets, video treatments, and story guidelines for writers/content creators to create compelling and impactful copy to drive action and engagement
- Hire and manage a team of writers, subject matter experts and content creators
- Build strong partnerships with content creators inside and outside the organization; identify opportunities for syndication, distribution, and content partnerships
- Own developmental research, editing, and proofreading to ensure adherence to content guidelines and freelance writer coaching, recruitment, and engagement
- Recommend best practices and proactively recognize opportunities to reuse, repackage and optimize content to maximize return on our content investment
- Continually raise the bar on development of compelling, data-driven storytelling with a brand and customer focus
- Define and implement new mechanisms for measuring impact and performance of content, optimize for improvement, and surface insights for content development and prioritization—demonstrating the ROI on our content marketing program
- Lead keyword research based on our business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities for core web and the GoodBuy Gear blog
You’ll be great for this role if you have…
- At least 3 years of experience in editorial role, B2C background preferred
- Graduate degree, preferred in Journalism, English Language / Literature or related discipline
- Passionate about baby & kid gear and interested in the circular economy
- A proven track record of defining and successfully implementing engaging and outstanding editorial strategies
- Deep understanding of SEO Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, juggle multiple assignments and changing priorities
- Superb work ethic and positive, can-do attitude
What we offer
This is a remote or hybrid role depending on your location. GoodBuy Gear is located in Denver, CO. Beyond cash compensation, we value work-life balance. You will have access to competitive PTO, parental leave and paid Holidays. We provide flexible schedules and workplace options. Benefits go above and beyond medical, dental, disability, and vision with additional options like a 401k plan, employer paid basic life insurance plan, monthly diaper subscription and discounts on all our GoodBuys!
We value diversity
GoodBuy Gear, Inc. is an inclusive workplace and values diversity in its team members. We give all qualified applicants equal opportunity and we make hiring decisions based on job related factors. We do not discriminate based on any information on the application including race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status.