San Francisco Bay Area /
GCX – Growth /
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples, and alcohol straight to your door. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change: For our families, our farmers, our employees, and our environment.
About the Role
The Art Director leads a team of designers, photographers, and videographers who are responsible for developing, communicating, and evolving the overall look and feel of Good Eggs across all our channels, internally and externally. We are looking for someone with the drive, talent, and passion to take our brand’s vision to the next level and inspire and manage a world-class creative team. Portfolio required with application.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner closely with the Growth team leadership to bring the Good Eggs story to life across all communications and product channels.
- Implement Good Eggs brand strategy (brand guidelines, look and feel, styling, art direction, tone) and identity work (logo design, typeface design, advertising layouts, presentation guidelines, packaging design).
- Provide creative concepting and design support to the rest of the growth team to create branded assets for marketing launches, new products, packaging, and campaigns.
- Manage design processes, from ideation to implementation, collaborating closely with cross-functional stakeholders throughout the process.
- Art direction and/or content production across a mix of digital and print (ads, social, blog, catalog), still, and motion channels (photography, GIFs, video).
- Design effective emails, packaging and collateral, decks, etc., as well as craft stirring content across media, from print to video.
- Source and manage a bench of outstanding creative consultants to augment the team, as needed.
- May lead a small team of direct reports and gradually grow the team to fill other necessary disciplines.
- Develop and manage creative team processes to support efficient and collaborative processes
- Manage and prioritize the list of creative requests based on business objectives and project goals.
- BA/BS or MA/MS in design or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 4-6 years of creative services experience, with a focus on visual design and communication design.
- Proven track record of creating beautiful, delightful marketing and communication assets.
- Comfort moving from the big ideas and strategy to implementation and details — you have an entrepreneurial approach and roll of up your sleeves and execute as needed.
- Able to influence peers/managers and build consensus, while dealing with a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous work environment.
- Pattern of success managing all aspects of a project from start to finish as well as a multi-disciplinary creative team, from project management to daily inspiration.
- Outstanding creative skills and deep sensitivity to interpret the brand’s DNA into projects and assets.
- Success working cross-functionally with stakeholders from several different departments and different levels of the organization.
- Experience overseeing high-quality creative and design delivery for complex concepts and multiple stakeholders, in a rapidly moving startup environment.
- Experience with video directing and editing skills are a plus.
- Experience creating brand guidelines and look books is a plus.
- Prior experience leading a team of creatives is a plus.
- Cross Channel Visual Art Direction
- Type and layout skills, and the ability to discern “great” from “good”
- Design tools such as Sketch, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc
- Understanding of Web and Mobile Technologies (CSS, Responsive Web Design)
- Experience in Print Production (file output and delivery, press checks, proofing)
- Creative Process & Workflow
- Human-Centered Design
- Deep customer empathy
Why work for Good Eggs?
• Work for a purpose-driven company
• An incredible work environment with passionate, diverse, and accomplished team members
• Benefits include employer-assisted health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts (FSA), 20% off groceries, Flex vacation + 10 holidays, generous parental leave, & the opportunity for an unpaid sabbatical after 2 years.
• Meaningful equity is provided to all employees
• The opportunity to work for a pioneering company in a trillion dollar market that is quickly shifting online
• Guidance from an all-star board including Bill Gurley (Benchmark Capital, #2 on the Midas List), Danny Rimer (Index Ventures), Chuck Templeton (Managing Director of S2G Ventures and founder of Open Table), and Vishal Vasishth (Obvious Ventures).
Good Eggs provides equal employment opportunities for team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.