Director of Business Innovation & Development
San Francisco Bay Area /
Executive Team – Office of the CEO /
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples, and alcohol straight to your door. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change: For our families, our farmers, our employees, and our environment.
We're looking for a Director of Business Innovation & Development to lead Good Eggs’ highest impact, cross-functional, strategic growth initiatives. Join a mission-driven, hungry team and play a critical role building a new business unit that allows us to serve our customers better than ever before by:
- Offering increasing levels of choice & customization (over both the food & service levels).
- Expanding their access to great food from a broader community of high integrity suppliers.
- Extend our delivery reach to geographies beyond California.
This position is part of a small, self contained innovation team that reports directly to the CEO.
- Rapidly ideate, shape and launch new e-commerce business initiatives that compliment Good Eggs' existing business, and support our top future growth goals.
- Hire and lead an innovative team that mobilizes and executes new business unit(s) successfully and quickly.
- Champion and drive innovative thinking that unlocks potential throughout the company.
- A hungry, agile, entrepreneurial leader - who loves both ideation and commercialization. Has an innate bias towards action and recognizes when launching is more important than perfection. Embraces rapid market testing to validate theses.
- A detail-oriented, analytical manager - An organized, focused, detailed oriented manager who works with business users and stakeholders to gather and define complex business requirements. Utilize data to drive fact-based decision making and allocate resources pragmatically.
- A collaborative, customer-centric team player - Act as a critical link between the executive team and business stakeholders. Ensure strong communication and drive cross functional alignment and understanding of initiuatives, goals and timelines through successful launch.
- Experienced with partnership selection & vendor management - works closely with a nimble executive team to establish a perspective on products and partnerships to pursue. Can canvas a market for external opportunities to pursue, negotiate contracts, evaluate risk and legal considerations, etc.
- A clear track record of success - Delivers initiatives that drive a meaningful impact on company growth, on time and under budget. Prioritizes potential improvements to optimize business results. Pursues stretch goals & delivers.
- 8+ years of business innovation or development experience with progressive increase in responsibilities.
- Strong start up experience, ideally inclusive of eCommerce and physical goods fulfillment.
- Strong business acumen to drive profitable growth with new business initiatves.
- Deep experience leading teams that can move quickly, influence change and execute well.
- Excellent cross functional skills that can not only manage internal stakeholders but also external partners.
- Can have a fluid conversation with exec team members and translate same to business leaders.
- Experience and comfort at early stage, high growth companies.
- Used to using data/metrics/analytics to shape product decisions and prioritization.
Why work for Good Eggs?
• Work for a purpose-driven company
• An incredible work environment with passionate, diverse, and accomplished team members
• Benefits include employer-assisted health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts (FSA), 20% off groceries, Flex vacation + 10 holidays, generous parental leave, & the opportunity for an unpaid sabbatical after 2 years.
• Meaningful equity is provided to all employees
• The opportunity to work for a pioneering company in a trillion dollar market that is quickly shifting online
• Guidance from an all-star board including Bill Gurley (Benchmark Capital, #2 on the Midas List), Paul Hudson (Glade Brook Capital), Chuck Templeton (Managing Director of S2G Ventures and founder of Open Table), and Vishal Vasishth (Obvious Ventures).
Good Eggs provides equal employment opportunities for team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.