Director of Policy
Marketing – Marketing /
Full Time /
GoodLeap is a technology company delivering best-in-class financing and software products for sustainable solutions, from solar panels and batteries to energy-efficient HVAC, heat pumps, roofing, windows, and more. Over 1 million homeowners have benefited from our simple, fast, and frictionless technology that makes the adoption of these products more affordable, accessible, and easier to understand. Thousands of professionals deploying home efficiency and solar solutions rely on GoodLeap’s proprietary, AI-powered applications and developer tools to drive more transparent customer communication, deeper business intelligence, and streamlined payment and operations. Our platform has led to more than $27 billion in financing for sustainable solutions since 2018.
GoodLeap is also proud to support our award-winning nonprofit, GivePower, which is building and deploying life-saving water and clean electricity systems, changing the lives of more than 1.6 million people across Africa, Asia, and South America.
This position will identify and advocate for policies at the state and federal levels that drive the
adoption of rooftop solar, battery storage, energy efficient technologies and other sustainable home
solutions. The role will focus on compensation mechanisms for distributed energy resources at both the retail and wholesale levels, with an emphasis on Central States. The successful candidate must be a self‐starter, comfortable working remotely, and have experience navigating, analyzing, and commenting on regulatory proceedings and legislative actions.
Travel is an essential duty/ function of this job.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor regulatory filings, legislative actions, media, academic research, and other sources for policy developments related to solar, storage, and sustainable home improvement
- Work with lobbyists, regulatory experts, trade groups, and other external stakeholders to craft programs that compensate DERs for services to the grid
- Represent GoodLeap with regulators, government officials, and state legislators with the ability to prepare and present written and verbal testimony
- Provide policy analysis and effectively communicate opportunities or risks to inform corporate policy positions
- Partner with marketing, communications, and creative teams to develop talking points, emails, and digital assets to clearly explain complex policy issues to various stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with and develop coalitions of stakeholders, including trade associations, consumer advocates, and NGOs
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience in public policy on issues related to clean energy OR equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Background in electric utility issues (ratemaking and markets) and interest in the nexus of energy, decarbonization, economics and governmental programs.
- Strong communication, research, and analytical skills
- Willingness to problem solve and take initiative
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Self‐starter; Works independently and effectively on projects
- Ability to collaborate cross‐functionally with internal staff and external organizations
Compensation: $170,000 - $210,000/ annually (DOE)
Additional Information Regarding Job Duties and Job Descriptions:
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other managers related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and other skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
If you are an extraordinary professional who thrives in a collaborative work culture and values a rewarding career, then we want to work with you! Apply today!