Machine Learning Engineer, Search / Recommendations
European/ Asian Timezone (remote friendly) /
Tech Teams – ML - Search & recommender systems /
Full-time (Remote Friendly)
Our Core Values:
• Users come first
• Build a better product, not just different
• Do less but get more done
• Always be learning
The future of education is already here – it's just not evenly distributed. Join us now to bridge the gap between individual and collective intelligence. Take the lead of our ML engineering team to build a content discovery platform that encourages users to find their inspiration through learning and exploration. More than an Apple-featured App loved by million notetakers, let's create the future of learning together.
What you will achieve in this role
- Help make GoodNotes platform the epicenter for sharing and transferring knowledge
- Design, build and deploy large scale note-sharing search/recommendation systems to serve millions of users
- Suggest new ideas to tackle edge cases ranging from data collection to model development
- Research new models and productionize solutions at scale from academic and industry knowledge
- Work in a product-driven environment with quick iteration turnaround to get continuous feedback
- Collaborate with product and design teams to identify opportunities to improve our content discovery
- Follow best practices for managing the ML lifecycle within the team
What you need to be successful
- Experience building end-to-end search and/or recommender systems at scale in production
- Love for writing efficient and maintainable code
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and a solid background in software engineering
- Familiarity with one or more distributed ML frameworks: TensorFlow, PyTorch, XGBoost, LightGBM, Spark MLlib
- Experience with two or more of the following big data technologies: Spark, Kafka, Flink, Cassandra, Hive, Redis, Druid, ClickHouse, Pinot and ELK stack
- Deep knowledge in one or more of the following ML subfields: Recommender Systems, Information Retrieval, Natural Language Understanding (e.g. embedding-based retrieval, question answering etc.). Good to have: Reinforcement Learning, Graph Representation Learning, Social Network Analysis
- Mastery in at least two programming languages: Java/Scala/Kotlin and Python
- Good taste as a maker
- Interested in advancing innovation in education
• You'll receive a competitive compensation and meaningful equity along with a chance to make significant contribution to a product people already love.
• Most of our positions are eligible for remote work, provided you have at least 3 hours of overlap with the team in the office every weekday between 10 AM and 6 PM. Please indicate your preference in your application form.
• You're also welcome to join us in our Hong Kong or London office, we sponsor visas and relocations.
• We take care of you and your loved ones with medical insurance and flexible working hours including two optional work-from-home days!
• Join our best company tradition, the annual off-site. Check out our pictures from team outings and more on our Instagram.