Senior/ Data Engineer - Data Platform
European/ Asian Timezone (remote friendly) /
Tech Teams – ML - Platform infrastructure /
Full-time (Remote Friendly)
Our Core Values:
• Users come first
• Build a better product, not just different
• Do less but get more done
• Always be learning
Are you keen on building more than just Data pipelines? Shape GoodNotes' entire Data Strategy and tooling! You will contribute to a variety of initiatives and technologies such as analytics, ML modeling, tooling, services, and more, within a team of ML Experts passionate about knowledge sharing.
What you will achieve
- Help democratize data and make it broadly available within GoodNotes internally and to our users around the world
- Design and build robust infrastructures and tools for collecting and processing data using batch and stream processing frameworks
- Collaborate with ML, MLOps, and QA teams to identify opportunities to improve our data architectures
- Help evangelize high-quality software engineering practices towards building data infrastructure and pipelines at scale
- Continuously improve the development practices through research, automation, documentation, and testing
- Share your knowledge and experience with the rest of the team
What you need to be successful
- Experience building highly available and scalable data infrastructures on AWS or other cloud providers
- Experience in performance tuning skills such as storage planning, caching, index design, data partitioning, etc.
- Deep understanding of data architectures and schema design
- Comfortable in writing SQL and/or DataFrame APIs
- Mastery in at least two programming languages: Java/Scala/Kotlin and Python
- Experience with data workflow management platforms such as Airflow, Dagster, Prefect etc.
- Hands-on experience building data pipelines using one or more of the following big data frameworks or services: Spark, Kafka, Flink, Druid, ClickHouse, Pinot and ELK stack
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and a solid background in software engineering
What else would help you, but not required
- Knowledge in machine learning and data science
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform or other cluster management solutions on AWS or other cloud providers
• You'll receive a competitive compensation and meaningful equity along with a chance to make significant contribution to a product people already love.
• Most of our positions are eligible for remote work, provided you have at least 3 hours of overlap with the team in the office every weekday between 10 AM and 6 PM. Please indicate your preference in your application form.
• You're also welcome to join us in our Hong Kong or London office, we sponsor visas and relocations.
• We take care of you and your loved ones with medical insurance and flexible working hours including two optional work-from-home days!
• Join our best company tradition, the annual off-site. Check out our pictures from team outings and more on our Instagram.