[HK] Video Content Producer
Hong Kong /
Role-specific teams – Growth and Marketing /
Full-time (Onsite Only)
Our Core Values:
• Users come first
• Build a better product, not just different
• Do less but get more done
• Always be learning
We’re looking for a creative video producer to join the marketing team, someone who can offer the expertise needed to take our video marketing to the next level. By joining us now at the very beginning of our foray into video, you will have the opportunity to drive the strategy, direction, and style of our video content to the millions of GoodNotes users worldwide.
As a video content producer on the marketing team, you will
- Work closely with the digital marketing manager to conceptualise video content to showcase the variety of GoodNotes’ features across channels like YouTube, web pages, social media and the app store
- Direct, produce, and edit all marketing video content. You will own the video production process from start to finish, from storyboarding, production planning, filming and direction, to post-production, and publishing
- Edit voiceovers and audio to produce high-quality sound output
- Source internally and externally: online content, music and stock libraries, production elements, additional b-roll footage, photos, user-generated content, etc.
- Track video analytics, identify trends/insights, and pitch new ideas or improvements based on the data you uncover
Skills and qualities we’re looking for in our ideal candidate
- Experience producing product videos (in advertising, animation, content marketing, or other new media arenas) and owning the production process from start to finish
- Expert knowledge of industry software like Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects or Adobe Premiere; and familiarity with a variety of cameras from professional film cameras to DSLRs to iPhones
- You have strong fundamental understanding of video production, lighting set-ups for both studio and location shoots, and post production (video editing, still and motion graphic design, video compression for multiple delivery platforms, colour grading)
- Fundamental understanding of audio recording, mixing, compression, EQ, and sound design
- You know how to tell story through video, and you know how to tweak the tone based on the goal (product launch videos vs. video ads)
- You’re a go-getter. You can proactively identify areas where video could be an asset, and can give direction and recommendations on how to solve problems using video.
- You’re an excellent communicator and know which questions to ask to get the information you need. You can dig deep into the heart of a marketing request.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to communicate well with third-parties (freelancers, agencies, etc.) as needed
- Social media savviness and understanding of nuances in different platforms, like Instagram and TikTok
What else would help you, but not required
- Basic graphic design skills
- Experience growing a YouTube channel (personal or professional)
• You'll receive a competitive compensation and meaningful equity along with a chance to make significant contribution to a product people already love.
• Most of our positions are eligible for remote work, provided you have at least 3 hours of overlap with the team in the office every weekday between 10 AM and 6 PM. Please indicate your preference in your application form.
• You're also welcome to join us in our Hong Kong or London office, we sponsor visas and relocations.
• We take care of you and your loved ones with medical insurance and flexible working hours including two optional work-from-home days!
• Join our best company tradition, the annual off-site. Check out our pictures from team outings and more on our Instagram.