Engineering Manager, Subscriptions
San Francisco, CA / New York, NY /
Development – Development /
GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions of people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save $35 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
About the Role
As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for helping team members with the technical aspects of their jobs and be the point of escalation for any technical challenges and help troubleshoot any problems that may arise. Apart from being hands-on with coding, you will also be responsible for driving end-to-end architectural design while maintaining alignment to deliver well rounded solutions along with promoting best practices and coding standards. You will also be coordinating with team members in daily or weekly ceremonies ensuring the right work is being prioritized that aligns with business growth and deadlines.
The ideal candidate should seek to inspire all the team members, be accountable and trustworthy, and be able to build lasting relationships with team members.
- Work closely with Product Manager and Product Delivery in prioritizing stories, sequencing stories based on technical dependencies, and help defining business and technical requirements Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Uphold a culture of collaboration, transparency, creativity, inclusion, and data-driven decisions
- Mentor mid-level and senior Developers by providing technical guidance
- Owns strategy and implementation of products that deliver against team-owned business KPIs
- Responsible for key system design, integration decisions and for communicating decisions to individuals implementing the system.
- Hire, train, and supervise engineering staff members
- Work closely with others across teams and disciplines to ensure quality and reliability of services
- Use business knowledge to guide team technical decisions
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of real product experience - you have shipped products used by thousands of users
- Experience with our tech stack - React, Typescript, and GraphQL (front-end), Python /Go (back-end), Contentful (CMS)
- Experience with using RESTful APIs (Protocol Buffers, etc)Familiarity with design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience with writing robust and maintainable unit, integration, and end-to-end tests.
- Experience with automatic building/deployment services like Jenkins, AWS, CodeFresh, Google Cloud platform, etc.
- Experience with APM and visual performance monitoring (DataDog, SpeedCurve or others)
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals - you may work closely with other non-technical folks to get things done.
- Collaboration is key
- Experience coding with compliance in mind (HIPAA, PCI or others)
- Experience building Design Systems with Storybook or similar
- Experience with A/B testing platforms (Optimizely, Split, etc.)
- Experience with Content Delivery Network (Cloudflare, Fastly or others)Integrating with different analytics/events-based systems like Segment, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, etc.
- Open source contributions
Compensation decisions are determined using a variety of factors such as skill set, experience, and education or certifications. If we extend an offer for employment, we will consider all individual qualifications. Below are our salary ranges for this position based on office location:
San Francisco Office: $202,000 - $323,000
New York Office: $185,000 - $296,000
Santa Monica Office: $168,000 - $269,000
GoodRx also offers additional compensation programs such as annual cash bonuses and annual equity grants for most positions as well as generous benefits. Our great benefits offerings include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a company match, an ESPP, unlimited vacation, "Take Care of Yourself" days, 11 paid holidays, and 72 hours of sick leave. GoodRx also offers additional benefits like mental wellness and financial wellness programs, fertility benefits, supplemental life insurance for you and your dependents, company-paid short-term and long-term disability, and more!
At GoodRx, we deeply value in-person connection and collaboration and feel that is key to our company culture. GoodRx is a hybrid work environment and we ask employees to be in the office a minimum of twice a week to one of our hubs in Santa Monica, San Fransico and New York City.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $35 billion using GoodRx and million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.