Senior Systems Designer
Santa Monica, CA / San Francisco, CA /
Product – Product Design /
GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, 20 million people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save $30 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Systems Designer to join a group of performance-driven user advocates. They are constantly seeking ways to reach our customers more effectively and efficiently while building an enduring brand. You’ll be involved in developing system-level design elements that contribute to a unified user experience across our external products. You will design and define the GoodRx design system. You possess a strong foundation in product design, systems thinking, and interaction patterns for native apps and responsive web.
Please submit a resume and portfolio with your application materials.
In this role, you’ll:
- Establish and maintain the GoodRx design system through a robust and usable component and pattern library
- Create and define our foundational elements as well as the complex component architecture
- Document and communicate how components behave so they can be broadly used across our marketing and product ecosystem
- Develop alignment, guidance, and documentation around naming, usage, and tokenization
- Solicit, synthesize, and incorporate feedback from design and engineering partners
- Articulate and communicate concepts and solutions through impactful visualizations, prototyping, and formalized design documentation
- Continuously strive to find better ways of doing things
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members
We’re looking for someone who’s:
- An expert in all aspects of systems design, user experience, visual, and interaction
- Able to thrive in an agile work environment, including embracing iterative product development while maintaining a cohesive and holistic view of the overall system architecture
- People-focused and wants to design and build solutions that truly have a meaningful impact
- Deeply collaborative and can bring teams together to solve problems
- Comfortable with a fast-paced work environment
Experience we’d like to see:
- 4 years of user experience, product, and/or systems design
- 6 years of experience designing digital products and interactions
- Experience with consumer healthcare products
- Confidence in advocating for and sharing user-centered design principles
- Superb communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to persuade partners and diplomatically resolve conflict
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $30 billion using GoodRx and 20 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.