Product Design Director (UX / Product Design)
New York, New York
Goodwall is the leading professional development network for the next generation. We guide young talent as they navigate the future of learning and earning, starting in high school and following along through the college years. Students have a medium to tell their story, get support from our inspirational community, and get connected to universities, internships, and jobs. Our top-rated app has a following of over 1 million members and our network of organizations and companies spans four continents. We are a fast growing and well-financed company that takes great pride in (and thoroughly enjoy) having a diverse team and being an equal opportunity employer. Each member of our dynamic team has a unique perspective to share--just as we know you do--and we are all incredibly passionate about our shared mission and goal: to help every member of our community become the best version of themselves.
About the role: As a Goodwall Director of Design, you will be involved in our product creation process from brainstorm to launch (and then some). You’ll work closely with our product team to achieve our product priorities, understand what we want to build and then execute on it. We value and prioritize a seamless user experience and a beautiful, simple design in every product we ship, and you’ll make sure each step of the process is working towards these goals.
What you'll do
- Conceptualize, wireframe and design flows and prototypes that are intuitive and engaging
- Constantly track, monitor and analyze user feedback, user behavior (qualitatively and quantitatively), competitors and market trends
- Research and brainstorm product iterations and innovations to drive value
- Be the voice of the user while conducting research and defining interactions
- Conduct user interviews and rigorous usability tests across platforms
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers to raise our bar for quality
- Work closely with our Head of Product to guide the strategic direction of the product and user experience vision
What we offer you
- A challenging, fast-moving environment
- A mission that you can be proud of
- Ability to have a real impact both on the company and on the future of the next generation
- A high level of autonomy in a position that will evolve according to your strengths
- The usual perks, including a competitive salary, benefits package, and awesome workspace in the heart of Manhattan
- 4+ years of human-centered UX design experience
- 2+ years in a similar position or responsibility
- You pay pixel-perfect attention to detail each and every time
- Experience conducting user research and testing
- You’re no stranger to Sketch and Invision
- This is not your first time to build and ship a mobile and web application
- You’ve got a portfolio to be proud of and you’re ready to show it off to us
- Your strong communication skills make you an exceptional copywriter
- You’ve got empathy for the 14-24 year old demographic and can use that insight to help us continue to provide a great experience for them
- Self-directed, resourceful and organized, you are the type of person who sets goals and executes what it takes to achieve them
Who you’ll work with: You will report directly to our Head of Product and work closely with our designers, engineers and business stakeholders to tackle any challenge.
Does this sound like the role for you? Awsome! Click the apply button and WOW us with your cover letter, resume and portfolio. We look forward to hearing from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Goodwall is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to continuing to build a company that embraces and thrives on diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.