Geneva Area, Switzerland
Goodwall is a uniquely positioned social enterprise designed to help millennial and Gen Z students and young professionals maximise their potential and impact society positively. Goodwall’s mission is to level the playing field by inspiring and preparing them for their next stage in life for example university, internships or first job after graduation. Goodwall helps its close to 1.5 million members by:
- enabling them to build a compelling experience profile
- connecting them with ambitious peers with similar interests
- directing them to relevant educational, self-improvement or professional opportunities based on their experience, interests and/or geography.
Purpose of Role
At Goodwall, our team is focused on driving the most value to our community by developing, designing, and supporting our members as much as possible. The role of Program Manager is to help manage various projects with internal and external stakeholders or partners that are critical to driving additional value that we cannot by ourselves or scale impact by increasing our reach to members who have not found us, in particular underprivileged or represented groups globally. External partners can include universities, scholarship providers, NGOs, foundations, governments or corporates. Examples of existing partnerships include working with a health system to support underrepresented youth get into healthcare or working with summer programs to offer scholarships to underprivileged youth globally. The role will build and maintain a solid working relationship both internally with colleagues and externally with clients and partners from pre-sales efforts to project delivery. The ability to manage customer expectations and establish long-term partnerships by delivering complex projects effectively, on time, on budget, and according to agreed-upon scope, is critical to the role. Key to success is the ability to get things done. Identifying the necessary resources, ensuring they are allocated and prioritized in order to ensure successful project delivery is critical.
The Program Manager will work autonomously when required and collaboratively with the VP Business Development, other project managers, and the CEO to ensure timely and quality delivery for all internal projects and projects done with the company’s clients and partners.
- Hands-on project management, including initiation, planning, and execution of projects and account-related activities, facilitating resolution of issues and roadblocks to ensure success
- Ensure that the full scope/contractual agreement of each project is feasible, and will be successful, given product constraints
- Manage and appropriately address project escalations pertaining to budget, scope, performance, deadlines, product, etc.
- Drive key decisions across projects, manage customer expectations, present and interface with the VP Business Development, other project managers and the CEO when necessary
- Support the CEO and VP Business Development in contributing to Goodwall’s sales and partnership efforts by establishing relationships with key customers, understanding Goodwall’s value proposition and offerings and aligning them with customer needs to grow the business and member base
Skills and capabilities
- 2+ years of experience in consulting, management or startups. Experience managing multiple projects and/or working in a fast environment.
- Little prior knowledge is needed beyond a desire to learn, an ability to learn quickly and a passion for impact, education, the future of work, gender parity or youth employment.
- English fluency required; French a plus
What we offer
Significant responsibility with a critical role within a fast growing company
A position that will evolve according to your capabilities and willingness to grow and to take on new responsibilities
A mission that you can be proud of and the ability to have a real impact both on the company and on the future of the next generation
A challenging, fast-moving environment working with an international team
To represent Goodwall and co-create new impactful projects and partnerships with decision makers from governments, foundations, NGOs and Fortune 500s
Competitive compensation and equity
A flexible work environment