Community Growth Manager
Switzerland or remote in Europe
Goodwall is a uniquely positioned social enterprise designed to help millennial and Gen Z students and young professionals maximise their potential and impact society positively. Goodwall’s mission is to level the playing field by inspiring and preparing them for their next stage in life, e.g. university, first job after graduation. Goodwall helps its close to 1.5 million members by:
• enabling them to build a compelling experience profile
• connecting them with ambitious peers with similar interests
•directing them to relevant educational, self-improvement or professional opportunities based on their experience, interests and/or geography.
Based in Geneva with a distributed team in the US, Philippines and Serbia, Goodwall has over 50 team members. Goodwall is financially and strategically backed by leading education, technology and recruitment investors including one of the world’s largest HR firms as it aims to bridge learning and earning. Goodwall has been featured in Forbes, Wall Street Journal, Techcrunch, CNN amongst others and has won numerous awards. Goodwall’s founders thought leadership in education and the future of work has been acknowledged by various groups such Forbes 30 under 30.
Purpose of Role
Starting in Q1 2020, Goodwall will focus increasingly on building and scaling all community initiatives from offline events to online community engagement. It seeks an energetic and passionate Community Growth Manager in building Goodwall’s brand while overseeing a team of dedicated Community Leaders.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone excited about engaging with multiple stakeholders across a variety of industries and backgrounds while empowering and connecting them with each other, both online and offline. If you are in love with the startup scene, want to work with young entrepreneurs, activists, and problem solvers while leading a small but enthusiastic team of Community Leaders, that’s an opportunity you don’t want to miss
• Work with COO on overall strategy for community building and events management
• Manage and support a team of local Community Leaders who are representing Goodwall in their local ecosystem of universities, employers and startups. Community Leaders are recent graduates building Goodwall’s brand and representing Goodwall locally.
• Research and identify relevant events to attend in local ecosystems and coordinate event logistics for our Community Leaders.
• Create guidelines for how to provide feedback and engagement on the content produced and how to create value for Goodwall members
• Manage, motivate and grow the Goodwall Changemaker Program which is our initiative to identify, feature and connect the 10,000 most inspiring and influential individuals of our generation and create local hubs.
• Manage and grow our Expert Network of entrepreneurs providing feedback, professionals providing career advice and university students providing admissions advice
• Partner with opportunity providers, organizations and companies to feature opportunities to our community.
• Create and deliver forecasting and budgeting on all initiatives. Provide accurate weekly and monthly reporting tracking KPIs and ROI.
Skills & Capabilities
Experience in Project Management, consulting or operations
Knowledge in community building, hosting events and social media management for a startup, education or career-related events.
English fluency required; additional languages a plus
Can work across time zones and with different culture
Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a lot of ambiguity and can prioritize tasks and manage own time
What we offer:
Significant responsibility with a role to run the operations of a key growth element of the company
A position that will evolve according to your capabilities and willingness to grow and to take on new responsibilities
A mission that you can be proud of and the ability to have a real impact both on the company and on the future of the next generation
A challenging, fast-moving environment working with an international team
Competitive compensation and possibility of equity in the venture
A flexible work environment