Director, Business Development and Partnerships
Geneva Area, Switzerland
Goodwall is a uniquely positioned social enterprise designed to help millennial and Gen Z students and young professionals maximise their potential and impact society positively. Goodwall’s mission is to level the playing field by inspiring and preparing them for their next stage in life, e.g. university, first job after graduation. Goodwall helps its close to 1.5 million members by:
- enabling them to build a compelling experience profile
- connecting them with ambitious peers with similar interests
- directing them to relevant educational, self-improvement or professional opportunities based on their experience, interests and/or geography.
Based in Geneva with a distributed team in the US, Philippines and Serbia, Goodwall has over 50 employees. Goodwall is financially and strategically backed by leading education, technology and recruitment investors including one of the world’s largest HR firms as it aims to bridge learning and earning.
Purpose of Role
To date, Goodwall has concentrated primarily on user acquisition, product development and select strategic partnerships. Starting in Q1 2020, Goodwall will focus increasingly on scaling partnerships and business development. It seeks a Director of Business Development and Partnerships to work closely with its CEO to develop, oversee and execute Goodwall’s partner strategy moving forward. Goodwall is focused on partners that drive value to its members such as governments, foundations, NGOs and corporates that share Goodwall’s vision to support the next generation in maximising its potential. Partnerships will focus on scaling the work Goodwall is doing to support underrepresented and under-previleged youth globally.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to shape the partnership direction of the organization while also co-creating, strategising and closing large partnerships with leading companies, foundations and governments.
- Work with CEO on overall commercial strategy including target sectors, pricing and outreach plans.
- Iterate on sales collateral (sales decks, case studies, etc.)
- Sales outreach (calls, meetings) to target accounts.
- Proposal development (e.g. work with relevant Goodwall teams—finance/product/engineering/mrketing—to ensure proposed programs can be executed on time and within budget).
- Manage all rate negotiations and develop partnership contracts.
- Prepare timely sales reports in Salesforce: calls made per month, pipeline, monthly, quarterly, and year-end forecasts.
- Keep up to date with Goodwall product and competitive landscape.
- Participate at relevant external events.
Skills and Capabilities
- 7+ years’ experience selling into senior HR and/or marketing and /or CSR titles at corporations, advertising agencies, governments and/or non-profits.
- Understanding of philanthropy, education sector, upskilling/reskilling, recruitment industry a plus
- English fluency required; additional languages a plus
What we offer
- Significant responsibility with a role to run the operations of a key growth element of the company
- A position that will evolve according to your capabilities and willingness to grow and to take on new responsibilities
- A mission that you can be proud of and the ability to have a real impact both on the company and on the future of the next generation
- A challenging, fast-moving environment working with an international team
- To represent Goodwall and co-create new impactful projects and partnerships with decision makers from governments, foundations, NGOs and Fortune 500s
- Competitive compensation and possibility of equity in the venture
- A flexible working environment