Burlingame, CA /
Data Analysis – Data Science /
We are looking for data scientists who love exploring data and uncovering insights. Our team is creating innovative data-driven solutions that are impacting critical business decisions for Goodwater and our portfolio companies.
Do these qualities describe you?
Curiosity: You notice patterns and phenomena and ask “why?” You’re hungry to learn the broader context and consequences of your work.
Quantitative and qualitative thinking: You seek out the best available data and explore it to answer “why?” Your analyses and insights are guided and vetted by your qualitative understanding of consumer behavior and market trends.
Humble and collaborative: You have come to realize that the more knowledge you gain, the less you actually know, and that pushes you to continually seek knowledge from others. You are also eager to share your knowledge and insights with others.
Entrepreneurial: You’re comfortable with moving fast and adapting to fluid roadmaps and priorities. You aren’t afraid of failure and look for creative solutions to overcome challenges.
If this sounds like you, here are some qualifications we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Experience analyzing large, disparate data sets and identifying trends, patterns, and anomalies
- Ability to translate business questions into concrete data analyses
- Ability to interpret and present the results of analyses in the context of their original questions
- Knowledge of statistics and experience building statistical models
- Experience implementing machine learning models using TensorFlow, scikit-learn, or other libraries
- Proficiency in R, Python, or other data analysis tools
- Fluency in SQL
- Experience analyzing and reporting on product, user, and/or business data at a tech startup
- Experience evaluating investment opportunities, for example at a bank, VC firm, or hedge fund
About Goodwater Capital
Goodwater Capital's mission is to empower exceptional entrepreneurs who are changing the world. We are 100% focused on early-stage consumer tech, an area that we define simply as apps and services adopted directly by consumers. Goodwater is founded on the belief that we are experiencing an explosion of new consumer-driven opportunities in communications, community, and commerce. We are excited to see great entrepreneurs pioneering powerful new platforms to serve consumers across a broad range of industries including local services, marketplaces, health care, education, financial services, and wearables… just to name a few. Goodwater is focused on Series A and Series B consumer tech investments and our chief investment criteria is simple — a product or service that early customers LOVE. Goodwater was founded in 2014 and manages over $700M across three venture capital funds. We are actively investing and building a growing portfolio of exciting consumer audience, commerce, and service companies.