Analyst, Seed Investments
Investment Operations – Genesis /
About Goodwater Capital
The mission of Goodwater Capital is to empower exceptional entrepreneurs everywhere to change the world for good. We are 100% focused on consumer tech, an area that we define simply as apps and services adopted directly by consumers. Goodwater is founded on the belief that we are experiencing an explosion of new consumer-driven opportunities in digital utilities that help everyday people live better lives. We are excited to see great entrepreneurs pioneering powerful new platforms to serve consumers across a broad range of large markets including housing, health care, food, financial services, transportation, education, and entertainment.
Goodwater invests solely in consumer tech companies across early and growth stages. Our chief investment criteria is simple -- a product or service that customers LOVE. Goodwater's founders were previously senior partners at companies including Facebook, Twitter, Kakao, Chegg, Coupang, Weee!, Monzo, Zumper, Stash, Toss, musically/TikTok, and Spotify. We bring that collective experience and understanding to Goodwater, fully focused on empowering the next generation of world-changing entrepreneurs in consumer technology.
- End-to-end operational support for Genesis, Goodwater’s Seed Investment program (from sourcing, to initial seed investment, program engagement, and ultimately evaluation for Series A).
- Support portfolio management efforts for Genesis, including: working with founders on resource requests, working with founders & our data teams on KPI ingestion and reporting, and working with our portfolio services team on community events.
- Add leverage to special projects as they come up (examples may include: Y Combinator cohort engagements, specific vertical outreach, performance benchmarking, supporting Seed GP relationships, etc.).
- Curiosity and a strong interest in learning new topics, technologies, and processes.
- Analytical and data-driven.
- 1+ years work experience. A track record of top performance or prior success.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable managing complex Google sheets or excel documents, pivot tables, financial analysis, etc. (or a general understanding and willingness to learn more).
- Self starter who is able to operate in a sometimes ambiguous and rapidly iterative environment.
- In office expectations - Goodwater’s downtown Burlingame office M-W (no relo offered)
- Goodwater in not able to sponsor candidates - must have US Authorization to work for any employer
$100,000 - $120,000 a year