Senior Fullstack Engineer Python/JS
Engineering – Developer Relations /
Remote - Central European Timezones
Gorgias helps e-commerce companies deliver excellent customer service at scale. We integrate email, live chat, voice, Facebook, Instagram, and SMS with Shopify, BigCommerce, and Magento.
Our product creates a unified customer profile by combining emails, live-chat, and social-media messages with e-commerce data such as purchase and delivery info. Combining all this data in a single application makes customer service more efficient and just better. Another fortunate side-effect is that some requests are completely automated using machine learning. 💬 + 📦 = ❤️
We've been around since 2015, and we're serving over 6000+ e-commerce businesses, including Steve Madden, Rothys, Timbuk2, and Fjällräven.
Our growth exceeded 200% in 2020, so we raised $25 million Series B in December 2020 to double our global team and to accelerate our progress towards our mission to transform support from painful to exceptional for merchants. 🥳
This position is either fully remote (Central European timezones) or onsite at our Paris office (75011). We offer relocation for those interested.
👩💻 What are some of the things we work on?
The frontend is written in React and React Native with the state managed by Redux. The backend code is mostly written in Python3 and runs using Flask (REST API) and Celery for all background work. The state is stored in PostgreSQL and RabbitMQ with Redis for ephemeral storage, and finally, everything runs on Kubernetes.
Given the above, we usually work on one of these levels by improving the existing code, or we create a new feature which more often than not has a component on both frontend, backend, and maybe a migration in the database.
In short, we do full-stack development. Either way, it always good to have a good understanding of the entire stack to be effective.
🧙 Who are we at work?
We have a strong preference for people who worked with high-traffic web applications for the past 5+ years. We're essentially running a distributed system that has lots of moving parts and having a decent amount of experience with this type of system helps a lot!
Additionally, our apps have over 20k daily active users with sessions longer than 6h+/day and serve tens of millions end consumers per year, so we put great importance on quality, testing, and code-review of all our code.
If this is the type of environment you're looking for, then you should consider applying.
👩💻 About the Developer Relations Team
The mission of this young team (it just got created a few months ago) is to develop tools to enable 3rd party application developers to extend functionalities of the Gorgias help-desk with features from their own products. Some examples of applications built by 3rd party developers that are live today on our platform are:
- enabling companies to send and receive messages on a new communication channel, like JustCall and Textline
- displaying more customer data next to tickets, like Daasity.
- proactively create tickets to anticipate customer issues, like LateShipment.
Currently, the team is working on creating an App Store to improve discoverability of apps developed by our partners. In parallel, we are building a Partners Portal, to enable those partners to manage their applications in a centralized way. After that, responsibilities will be to keep improving the partners portal and the App Store and develop features to enable 3rd party developers to create new cool functionalities within our platform.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience developing production-grade backend web applications using Python or JS.
- 3+ years of experience doing front-end development with JS.
- You are passionate about learning, and want to help us learn too.
- You care about working on applications that are putting the customer needs first.
- You are extremely comfortable communicating with other technical teams and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, demo work in progress and provide project updates
- You have the drive and focus to get challenging projects over the finish line, and you are comfortable advocating for what you need to do your best work.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Nice to Have
- Experience in designing API/microservices is a huge plus.
- Experience with managing RDMS databases with Tb+ of data.
Company Benefits & Perks
- 60th percentile market salary ( between €83K and €93K) and equity packages.
- 5 weeks of vacation and parental leave.
- Latest MacBook Pro.
- Relocation package
- Complementary health coverage (Mutuelle) - this applies for french employees.
- 50% of public transportation expenses
- Free lunch x5 a week
Engineering Team Culture
Getting Stuff Done, Ownership, Team Work, Excellence, and Agility.
You should join us if you want to ship stuff fast without sacrificing quality. We've put great importance on testing our code, cleaning it, treating errors first, and features later.
We also value growth and ownership. People make mistakes. We learn from them to avoid them in the future. We cannot achieve excellence if there are no bumps in the road.
Why join us?
🚀 We're among the fastest-growing startups in the eCommerce ecosystem
🦄 We've built an extremely efficient go-to-market engine
🥇 Work with a talented team you'll learn a lot from
🙏 Join a company where automation, good & clean data are core beliefs shared by all
More cool things to know about Gorgias... 😁
• Raised our Series A for $14M in November 2019: techcrunch.com/2019/11/26/gorgias-series-a
• Raised our Series B for $25M in December 2020: https://techcrunch.com/2020/12/10/gorgias-series-b/
• What our customers are saying: apps.shopify.com/helpdesk#reviews
• Our software stack: stackshare.io/gorgias
• Other positions: jobs.lever.co/gorgias
Gorgias ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or
harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or
domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status,
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.