CIET - Business Development Representative
Ingénierie; R&D; Qualité – Econoler /
Founded in 1996, the Canadian Institute for Energy Training (CIET) offers a vast array of sustainable energy training programs in Canada and throughout the world. It specializes in providing high-level training programs and certifications in energy management and energy efficiency. CIET has proudly been a leader for 25 years.
The Business Development Representative will contribute to our team by engaging with clients and prospects, generating interest that leads to enrollments in our training programs.
- The Business Development Representative will contribute to our team by engaging with clients and prospects, generating interest that leads to enrollments in our training programs. Your challenges:
- Support the Senior Director and CIET team in all sales initiatives and campaigns, including identifying training opportunities for both public and private training programs.
- Be responsible for undertaking proactive communication with potential clients and training participants.
- Generate leads through prospecting calls and emails.
- Identify training and capacity-building needs at both the individual and organisational level.
- Create & deliver presentations tailored to the interests and needs of clients.
- Clearly communicate the CIET value proposition and course offerings.
- Use our customer relationship management (CRM) software to continuously add new contacts and update client interactions.
- Build client lists by interest and industry, which can be used to keep clients informed of courses and products that would be of direct interest to them.
- Identify appropriate client contacts who are responsible for employee training, professional development, or human resources.
- Establish a regular process for following up with CIET alumni, private training clients, and partners to keep them informed of upcoming courses and events.
- Learn about and be able to share information regarding CIET training streams and learning paths.
- Monitors and assesses training effectiveness and provides performance feedback based on client conversations.
- A degree in commerce, business, communications, or marketing is an asset.
- 2 years experience in a sales or business development environment.
- Proficiency using a customer relationship management (CRM) system and tracking client relationships.
- Proven track record working with, and meeting sales targets.
- Background in making compelling presentations to clients.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous exposure to topics related to Energy Management, Energy Efficiency or Sustainability considered a strong asset.
- Solid communication, listening, and time management skills.
- Comfortable speaking and presenting to several clients per day.
- Computer proficiency and comfort working with integrated systems such as Teams.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to synthesize information.
- Capacity to articulate CIET’s value proposition to clients and accurately understand client needs, requirements, and timelines.
- Bilingualism (French/English) considered a strong asset.
- Offices in Quebec City, Montreal, and Toronto
- Opportunity to work from home
- Focus on outputs and results instead of a precise schedule
- Understanding of and respect for your personal life and boundaries
- Proactivity and autonomy strongly encouraged
- Many opportunities to take on new responsibilities
- A growing company in a fast-expanding industry
- Support for internal and external development activities
- Career discussions with your supervisor, supported by HR
- Consideration of your mental, physical, and financial well-being
- Modular health insurance plan
- A supportive team and environment based on trust and communication
- Reimbursement of public transit fees
- Active Social Club
- Agility and excitement of a small team within a larger parent company (Econoler) for support and opportunities
- Caring and fun coworkers
- Team activities
Do not hesitate to contact email@example.com if you have any questions about the position or the process.