Manager of Creative Technology
Experience – Creative Technology /
Permanent - Full Time Employee
For over 20 years, Gorilla has been devising, creating, and implementing commerce experiences. We’re a client-driven culture, looking for resourceful, motivated, and talented individuals to help us exceed our client’s expectations at every turn. We offer a challenging and rewarding environment where you’ll have the opportunity to work with leading brands, collaborate with some of the brightest people in the industry, and share in our mutual success.
Are you a senior Magento 2 developer looking to take the next step in your career? Are you a Magento 2 Front-End Development Manager wanting to build custom front end experiences? Are you looking to expand into new platforms and approaches?
If so, Gorilla could be the perfect place for you. We’re seeking a full-time Manager of Creative Technology to join our team in Wroclaw. As a manager of Creative Technology, you’ll lead our team members locally and around the world—mentoring, and inspiring them to deliver superior experiences for our clients. You’ll serve as the go-to for front end technology recommendations and implementation leadership on our Magento and other advanced e-commerce platforms. You’ll partner with our UX and design teams to push technology to deliver better experiences, and collaborate with our backend team while integrating custom UIs into Magento 2. As you grow at Gorilla, you’ll also have the opportunity to become an expert in other commerce platforms and CMSs.
As part of the team, you’ll be challenged to adopt a platform-agnostic mindset, applying common patterns to new technologies and approaches. Along the way, you'll have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, accumulate an impeccable portfolio and have a lasting impact on not only some exceptional B2B and consumer brands—but a team of eager creative technologies to do the same.
What you will be doing:
- Leading 1-4 member teams of creative technologists on your projects
- Overseeing front end development on 1 to 3 projects concurrently
- Supporting the career paths of up to 4 direct reports
- Consulting on front-end architecture, approaches, processes, and patterns
- Ensuring quality products are delivered on-time and on-budget.
- Communicating with team members locally and around the world
- Estimating front-end development effort for features and projects
- Sprint planning your team’s tasks
- Collaborating with Design, UX, Business Analyst, Backend and QA teams
You should bring to the table:
- Strong problem solving skills
- Great written and verbal communication skills (tech and non-tech)
- Experience building custom Magento 2 websites (Modules, UI, knockout.js, etc)
- Collaborating with Design and UX, recommending how technology can enable and enhance their vision.
- Experience writing LESS and/or SASS to support complex web experiences through reusable styles, variables, mixins, etc.
- Understanding of different CSS architectures/methodologies such as BEM, SMCSS, Design Systems, etc
- Understands how to build and architect complex CSS implementations without frameworks like Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.
- Understanding of mobile first/responsive design.
- Ability to contribute to HTML/CSS/JS code into a project code base if needed.
- Skilled at prioritizing tasks, communicating risks, and recommending solutions in collaboration with creative and backend teams alike.
- Enjoy a mix of simple and complex projects ranging from editing themes to complex fully-custom front end builds.
- Willing to support existing builds for fixes/upgrades as they arise.
Additional experience will be an asset:
- Experience with additional CMS platforms such as AEM, Drupal, SiteCore, Bloomreach, WordPress, Hubspot etc.
- Hybrid / Native Application Development (iOS and Android).
- Hybris, Shopify, or other ecommerce.
Private medical care
Trainings and possibility of certification
Being a part of an international team and working closely with North America and Kiev teams
Working in a modern, industrial/loft style office, with variety of feel-like-home features: shiny coffee machines, daily supply of delicious coffee, tea, juices, sodas, fruits and sweets, foosball table, darts, video games etc.
Convenient location in a city center, with a nearby cantina (lunches discount)
All applications submitted for consideration should be sent in English.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only those candidates we deem a fit for the role.
By submitting your resume, you hereby consent to the processing by Gorilla Group Sp. z o.o. of your personal data contained in the recruitment documents for the purpose of recruitment in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016.
Please read the following information clause regarding processing of your personal data: GDPR Information Clause.
Gorilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability.